Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor Washington interview

http://www.skysports.com/share/10812163

Interesting interview. Can't copy it on my phone but basically says he fell out with Jimmy and couldn't work out what he wanted but Ollie came in made him watch videos of himself scoring to get his confidence back

I think Jimbo was out of his depth from day one, Ollie has proven man management skills.
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Conor Washington says he found life tough under ex-QPR boss Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Didn't we f acking all. Worst manager in forty years of watching Rangers this year. Bar none. Not even Mullery or Hart.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        Conor Washington says he found life tough under ex-QPR boss Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Didn't we f acking all. Worst manager in forty years of watching Rangers this year. Bar none. Not even Mullery or Hart.
        Worse than Hart? Haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          Worse than Hart? Hahaha!
          You bet. And far less painful. It didn't last as long. If that plank hadn't have been sacked I couldn't have kept going.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            You bet. And far less painful. It didn't last as long. If that plank hadn't have been sacked I couldn't have kept going.
            For me JFH's tenure was like some kind of fugue that threatened to go somewhere, but never actually did.

Comment

Jfh was a failure in hindsight. I can certainly see why he was appointed though and i was over the moon when he came in, young manager withva league 2 title under his belt and top of league 1 when we came in, cant argue with that.
              Never worked out though and i can only think of 2 games were we won because we were the better team (brentford and leeds). The others was down to luck or because the opponents played worse than us.
              Glad hes gone and im glad ollies back, hes not only got the players playing like world beaters but all the fans are on his side. Im proud of my team for the first time since we won the championship, a loss doesnt even make me infuriated anymore!!

Comment

. . .and let's not forget he was going to show Manning the exit door
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                  For me JFH's tenure was like some kind of fugue that threatened to go somewhere, but never actually did.
                  How I feel about JFH too. Reminded me a little bit of Paulo Sousa in that respect. Came highly rated, talked a good game, claimed to be building towards something special.........but actually just delivered boring football and lot's of draws!

Comment

Genuinely thought he was going to be the bollarks. Just seemed so equipped to be the first ever really successful black manager.
                    I mean look how unlucky we are, Reading went for Big Jaap Stam with much less managerial experience/success but with a lot of respect in the game as a player like jimmy, and hes flying for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                      How I feel about JFH too. Reminded me a little bit of Paulo Sousa in that respect. Came highly rated, talked a good game, claimed to be building towards something special.........but actually just delivered boring football and lot's of draws!
                      Funny you mention Sousa:

Fiorentina coach Paulo Sousa has met with the Borussia Dortmund hierarchy to discuss taking a job with the Bundesliga side. (La Gazzetta dello Sport)

He probably doesn't even list QPR on his CV. It was boring football though, I was a season ticket holder when he was here. Must have learnt from us and is doing really well since.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                        Funny you mention Sousa:

Fiorentina coach Paulo Sousa has met with the Borussia Dortmund hierarchy to discuss taking a job with the Bundesliga side. (La Gazzetta dello Sport)

He probably doesn't even list QPR on his CV. It was boring football though, I was a season ticket holder when he was here. Must have learnt from us and is doing really well since.
                        Not being funny mate, but Sousa has had more jobs than the Chuckle Brothers. Might be going well for him at the moment but he's had a fair few failures along the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Genuinely thought he was going to be the bollarks. Just seemed so equipped to be the first ever really successful black manager.
                          I mean look how unlucky we are, Reading went for Big Jaap Stam with much less managerial experience/success but with a lot of respect in the game as a player like jimmy, and hes flying for them.
                          Look at teams that Stam was assistant at prior to joining reading.....a lot better clubs than Burton and over a much longer period of time

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                            Look at teams that Stam was assistant at prior to joining reading.....a lot better clubs than Burton and over a much longer period of time
                            Assistant though, doesnt always convert to management. He was more of a risk imo.

Comment

QPR was the one blot on Mark Hughes' managerial copybook. Wonder if we'll see something similar with JFH. He'd had reasonable success up until QPR, albeit at a lower level than Hughes. Maybe it was just another bad fit?

Comment

Working...
                              X