Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was wrong about Oilly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    And I was about to say this is a much better thread.

    Posters acknowledging misjudgement rather than being harangued for their previous opinion.

    Comment


    • #32
      I was merely pointing out about ollie being a pro for 20yrs, doesnt need to prove himself by how he looks aslong as its going ok on the pitch and training ground! alls happy and good here from me, great win yesterday so nice weekend

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
        Sorry tarbie are you talking to me?! i was just replying to gator saying about ollie being more professional! its great everyones praising ollie, the man is a propfessional and has won things! theres no arguments from me, so not too sure why youve questioned me!
        Just saying mate, you've been crying out for Ollie to get more recognition for what he's done. You've been calling out doubters by name telling them how wrong they were.

        Well here's one of the doubters being a man about things and admitting he was wrong. Rather than acknowledge that and tell him fair play, you've jumped on the 1 person on this thread who had the audacity to say something not 100% positive about Ollie.

        Personally I think Gator made a fair point, Ollie was clearly frustrated with the squad he inherited and he let those frustrations show to a point where it was probably counter productive. His demeanor has been a thousand times better since he managed to bring his own players in over the transfer window.

        I agree though, it's great to see how well we're doing. I'm delighted and surprised in equal measures and, like Rebel, I'm having to seriously question what I thought I knew about Ollie.
        Last edited by Tarbie; 19-03-2017, 05:59 PM.
        Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
        Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
          I was merely pointing out about ollie being a pro for 20yrs, doesnt need to prove himself by how he looks aslong as its going ok on the pitch and training ground! alls happy and good here from me, great win yesterday so nice weekend
          My point about Ollie was just an observation and opinion about the style of managing he was using, he has changed and maybe that was his plan all along, he seems to have a good idea of what he wants to do and is implementing it! I am a very supportive of him and think he is a breath of fresh air and exactly what the club needs at the current time, I look forward to his pressers as he is engaging and gives great insight in to what is going on!
          Last edited by gator; 20-03-2017, 01:24 AM.
          @gatorTFC

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            agree with Rebs he's added more to his game then he's shown in past. I'm chuffed it's working out and quietly confident about next season

            He's behaving like a manager which I like the acting on the side was one of my problems but he's toned it down and when you watch him on the side now he actually looks the part.

            I'm fully on board now with him
            How do you feel about Grant Hall's new role now Wests? Ollie clearly saw something in him to play it. Reckon he deserves credit for that too.

            Comment


            • #36
              Maybe wrong on this but I think his punditry stint helped Ollie tactically, opened up a few possibilities.. I hadn't forseen this, all credit to him. He wasn't my first choice but I did say if appointed he should be given time.

              Said that one of the unsung problems with JFH was the suspicion that the dressing room wasn't his, that they simply didn't put in a full shift. They do now.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                How do you feel about Grant Hall's new role now Wests? Ollie clearly saw something in him to play it. Reckon he deserves credit for that too.
                Playing extra man from defence pushing into midfield no problem makes sense. Starting him in games as a midfielder no not on board with that. Hall has been very shaky last few weeks I would put that down to him being asked to play role which he don't know

                I do like when he's spare in back there adding to midfield

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                  How do you feel about Grant Hall's new role now Wests? Ollie clearly saw something in him to play it. Reckon he deserves credit for that too.
                  Personally think the flexibilty of this role was the catalyst for us getting better. No longer do we have a rigid formation.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Playing extra man from defence pushing into midfield no problem makes sense. Starting him in games as a midfielder no not on board with that. Hall has been very shaky last few weeks I would put that down to him being asked to play role which he don't know

                    I do like when he's spare in back there adding to midfield
                    Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    Personally think the flexibilty of this role was the catalyst for us getting better. No longer do we have a rigid formation.
                    Agree with you both. He's essentially playing the old-fashioned sweeper role. Ideal for it as he's a good defender but also more comfortable carrying the ball than Onuoha and Lynch.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                      Agree with you both. He's essentially playing the old-fashioned sweeper role. .
                      in front of the line though...... proper sweepers went out when GKs came out of the closet......

                      Hall's best role imo is a footballing CB in a 4.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        Agree with you both. He's essentially playing the old-fashioned sweeper role. Ideal for it as he's a good defender but also more comfortable carrying the ball than Onuoha and Lynch.
                        Basically the role HR brought Rio Ferdinand to play when we were in the prem
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X