Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penrice could be on his way back..

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/f...rn-wls-1403217

QPR are looking to bring Gary Penrice back to the club as chief scout.

Penrice, who spent four years as a player at Loftus Road, currently scouts for West Brom and has had similar roles at a number of other clubs, including Everton and Wigan.

He was assistant manager for part of Ian Holloway’s first spell as Rangers boss and was previously his right-hand man at Bristol Rovers.

Penrice and Holloway have been friends since childhood, were team-mates at Rovers and QPR and also worked together at Plymouth.

Rangers director of football Les Ferdinand, who also played alongside Penrice, has been keen to install a chief scout as part of a planned behind-the-scenes overhaul.

Penrice, 52, played for Watford and spent a season at Aston Villa before being reunited with Holloway and Gerry Francis at QPR in 1991.

Francis, then Rangers boss and currently first-team coach at West Brom, had managed the pair at Bristol Rovers.

Penrice made 95 appearances for the R’s, scoring 21 goals, before returning to Watford in 1995.

Jobs for the boys????

Should get Leon jeane back he can go drinking with Caulker keep an eye on him

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Jobs for the boys????

Westy don't you think he would be better suited to youth team education officer ?

Comment

Jobs for the boys????
        #moustacherule

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
          Westy don't you think he would be better suited to youth team education officer ?
          Got no ice dogs seriously have no idea of his background or credentials.

Is it scout of teams we're playing or future transfers

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
            #moustacherule

Comment

I want Clint and Jamie as scouts.

I want them to turn up at clubs far and wide, natural or fake moustache, in hooped onesies spreading the word of the Loftus gospel.

I want them on the touchline every game home and away, in baggy 90's hooped track suits, shouting OI at everyone and everything.

I want fist bumps with Birch.

I have a dream.

Comment

Jobs for the boys????

It's a bit lie the bloke with his lite black book of ex -girlfriends. Les and Ollie giving jobs to their ex teammates and friends
                Simon Barker Darren Peacock ad Clive Wilson next.

Comment

always liked Penrice as a player, like Clint, a model pro. Welcome back Gary
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

That would be great, we need to do keep improving our scouting network. There are many good players out there..
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/f...ves-wls-032017

Comment

Think its great personally as by the sounds of it both guys are good at finding hidden gems

Comment

Haven't had a decent chief scout since Mel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                            I want Clint and Jamie as scouts.

I want them to turn up at clubs far and wide, natural or fake moustache, in hooped onesies spreading the word of the Loftus gospel.

I want them on the touchline every game home and away, in baggy 90's hooped track suits, shouting OI at everyone and everything.

I want fist bumps with Birch.

I have a dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                              Haven't had a decent chief scout since Mel Johnson.
                              I loved Mel and got some tickets from John O'Brian when he was here.

I didn't realise he past away last year.

RIP John.

Comment

Working...
                              X