I was there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was there

Port Vale. With everyone drooling over Barca's comeback, anyone else at that 4-4 draw
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Newcastle 5-5 was even better mate.

Comment

Originally posted by shanns View Post
      Newcastle 5-5 was even better mate.
      I was at the R's game 0-4 half time meant beer (10 minute half time then) 2 pints later at 16 years old it was the best day of my life !!!!
      Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
        Port Vale. With everyone drooling over Barca's comeback, anyone else at that 4-4 draw
        Nah but remember the day well, it was a Sunday and I'd just finished playing football, was having a few beers and someone sitting at the bar was shouting the score over to us. When it got to 4-3 we all gathered round the bloke who had a radio. When we equalised we all went mad.

Haha celebrating getting a point at the mighty Port Vale!

Didn't Johnny Spencer get the fourth?

Comment

Seem to recall live on pre Sky TV. Overwhelming pundit favourites ... 4-0 down and should have been 5-0 (think they hit the bar) and then....one of those 'remember where you were' days ! Brilliant comeback.

Comment

5-5 game. My husband bought me the tickets for my birthday. He asked if I wanted to leave at half-time. After he had spent so much money on tickets (he was only a student then) I said no I wanted to stay. Glad I didn't.

Comment

I was there, that game taught me never to leave early. Got down to White city with untold shenanigans going on. Geordies climbing over a train roof to get to the South Ruislip platform. I thought there ucked now as we were tooled up with catapults at the time.
              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Yep I was at both - 2 of the best games I have been to. I had bunked of work to go to Newcastle game - remember thinking at half time I could go back to work and maybe no one will have noticed I was gone! I got to the turnstiles and thought no - even if we lose by ten at least I could say i was there. Best decision I made. Since then I never left a game early - until this season- Newcastle when the sixth goal went in!

Comment

Not at vale but the 5-5 toon game. Atmosphere in the second half was unreal. Reckon it was us fans who won that come back.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                    Yep i was there, still brings a smile to my face now.

Comment

3-2 vs Liverpool having been caned for all but the last 15 minutes was pretty good too!

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
                        3-2 vs Liverpool having been caned for all but the last 15 minutes was pretty good too!
                        Even better 67 cup ?

Comment

I thought this thread was going to be "I was there when we lost at Elland road 6-1".
                          Cause so was I and I'm sure it's because of that match, my eldest has always supported Leeds.

Comment

Wasn't at the vale game but remember it vividly sitting round the tv with the old man with our Sunday lunch on trays and as the equaliser went in food literllay going everywhere and I mean everywhere. On the ceiling, on the curtains in the fish tank. Mental game

Comment

Vale should have been 5 up. Ball was about 2ft over line but goal never stood.

Comment

Working...
                              X