No announcement yet.

Time for change ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But we never signed Hooper we signed Austin who was proven in the division. Newcastle bought Gayle and he has banged them in for fun. To have a chance of promotion now or in the future a proven goalscorer is a must.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      But we never signed Hooper we signed Austin who was proven in the division. Newcastle bought Gayle and he has banged them in for fun. To have a chance of promotion now or in the future a proven goalscorer is a must.
      Absolute no brainer

Comment

The point I am making is we didn't sign Hooper because he decided to go to Norwich instead. Harry obviously thought he was a better prospect than Austin. For every proven goalscorer that goes to a new club and is a success, there are probably two or three who disappear into oblivion.

Gayle cost Newcastle 10 million (and I assume he is on high wages). Do you really think we should pay that sought of fee for a striker?
        Last edited by jmelanie; 29-01-2017, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Do you agree that we need a proven goalscorer?

Comment

Do you agree that we need a proven goalscorer?
            That depends. If we sign somebody and it works out everybody will be happy. However if we sign somebody and it doesn't work out then we will have spent a lot of money and have somebody on the books on high wages.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
              That depends. If we sign somebody and it works out everybody will be happy. However if we sign somebody and it doesn't work out then we will have spent a lot of money and have somebody on the books on high wages.
              Yes but we surely have to take a punt ...

Comment

I like Sylla but yesterday highlighted his lack of instinct in front of goal so for me yes we do and not a lower league one a proven one. Not getting Defoe 2 years ago cost us our premier league status.

Comment

I like Sylla but yesterday highlighted his lack of instinct in front of goal so for me yes we do and not a lower league one a proven one. Not getting Defoe 2 years ago cost us our premier league status.
                  Agreed there .... Sylla has lost interest ever since Holloway lambasted him the other week

Comment

Austin showed what can happen when you spend a few quid on a good quality goalscorer. If we have any aspirations of promotion in the future that is the position that needs to be addressed.

Or aspirations to just not get relegated because with the 'firepower' we have currently we are bang in trouble especially after yesterday's appalling performance and result.

Comment

Agree about Defoe and with other comments about needing a goalscorer.
                      If the club dont sign one, then the team will struggle to win games.
                      If the club dont have a lot to spend then they can at least try and sign Taylor who could be available for less than £500k.

Comment

a striker is a must , was talking to a fulham fan today he told me sylla was the worst CF he had seen this season

Comment

Working...
                        X