Memories of the Terraces at QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Anyone ever stood or watched game from away end. Think I have sat in every block of ground other then away end
    I watched us play Oldham in there once. I seem to recall we were four nil up and then they came back to 4-3 and we were holding on a bit at the end. Again, I am not sure but I have a feeling Simon Stainrod impressed us playing for them that day.

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
      I watched us play Oldham in there once. I seem to recall we were four nil up and then they came back to 4-3 and we were holding on a bit at the end. Again, I am not sure but I have a feeling Simon Stainrod impressed us playing for them that day.
      good player for us was stainrod

Comment

• Originally posted by 72bus View Post
        good player for us was stainrod
        He was really entertaining. Classic QPR number ten.

Comment

• When I first started going very few people had cars and trains were to expensive for ordinary people so there wasn't really any away fans. Used to change ends quite a bit to the end Rangers were attacking. Memory of the away end is a ball sailing over my head and as I turned it hit the lip of the steps and flew back and hit me in the face. A dirty, wet gritty leather ball.

Comment

• We played Chelsea in the FA cup quarters finals in 1969, i got a ticket for the School End.

Alot of the young kids, me included were lifted over the wall onto the pitch edge as the terrace was packed, I spent most of the match sat on my behind next to the goal, I had a great view of Venables twice taken penalty.
            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Stood in away end many time and all over the ground,saw George Best last game in 1974 when we beat United 3-0 from the away end no cover in them days.

Comment

• I think we spent a whole season in the School End.
                It was after they put the roof on and was then working on the loft.
                Don't think there is a part of the ground I haven't stood or sat in.
                In reference to cost of trains, anyone else use to collect washing powder tops to get the 2 for 1 BR ticket deals to get to away games?
                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• i've never been in our away end, i've sat among reading fans 2 seasons ago though when we won 1-0 but hated it as i was too nervous to properly celebrate. only reason i sat there was coz my sister was banging lucas piazon when he was on loan there and got free tickets all the time

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                    I think we spent a whole season in the School End.
                    It was after they put the roof on and was then working on the loft.
                    Don't think there is a part of the ground I haven't stood or sat in.
                    In reference to cost of trains, anyone else use to collect washing powder tops to get the 2 for 1 BR ticket deals to get to away games?
                    They were vouchers on Persil washing powder

Sure it started just as the Inter City 125 started running from Bristol to London and the ground was swamped with City fans all after a row

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
                      Chelsea took the p iss pretty much every time they came in the 80s and early 90s .
                      Don't recall them taking the #### in 1986 when we beat them 6 - 0,

Anyone can play the numbers game, they was always loads of them in home areas just like the other Big London clubs,

West Ham pretty much met no opposition.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrSwakeley View Post
                        I mentioned this a while back; there were a few geezers behind the goal about 20 rows up who would shout out "Die" at the opposing goalkeeper. But rather bizarrely they would shout out the name of the previous keeper - so against Coventry, who had Neil Ramsbottom in goal, they would shout "die Glazier", and against Stoke with Shilton in goal, it would be "die Banks". Most memorably, against Everton, with David Lawson between the sticks, they shouted "die Davies".

This really did happen, unless I inhaled too much of that ganga from the balcony.
                        Yeah remember those guys well they were legends one always had a sheepskin coat and tinted glasses no matter what the weather was...... can always remember them doing that to keepers with the wrong names can clearly recall the shout of "Even your mother hates you Wallington Diiiiiiiiiiiiiie" great memories from those days with the Pie Guy down there as well every reason terraces need to return banter just not the same anymore !

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooo block View Post
                          He used to shout the other scores out as the game went on, had 5-live on his headphones and was particularly interested in Brentfords score. Always shouted theirs out for some reason. Looked like a tramp and was still wearing that old home shirt years later. Bless the fella.
                          Yep, used to stand not far from him and his mate.
                          Think his name was dave the tramp.
                          Always carried a shopping bag with sandwiches in it.
                          We used to keep a two meter perimeter around him because he stunk the place out.

There was also a Harold Bishop lookalike and a fella that used to shout, Bury him on the spot, to any oppo player who was lying down injured
                          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• The maddest goal celebration I ever saw on the Loft was against Stoke in 76, Webb got the winner in a 3-2 win in the last minute.

The place went crazy.
                            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• through the turnstiles, scramble up the mudbank onto the terrace to get a good view of the game.
                              Mind you that was 1947!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigray View Post
                                through the turnstiles, scramble up the mudbank onto the terrace to get a good view of the game.
                                Mind you that was 1947!!
                                we were still doing that 20 years later Ray
                                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                                I must be guided without a stumble
                                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
                                X