Freedman and Robinson apply for QPR job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedman and Robinson apply for QPR job

Dougie Freedman and Karl Robinson have applied for the QPR manager’s job.

Freedman, who began his career at Loftus Road but did not make a first-team appearance for the club, is looking to return to management eight months after leaving Nottingham Forest.

Robinson, 36, guided MK Dons to promotion to the Championship in 2015, but they were relegated after one season in the second tier and he left the club last month following a poor start to the campaign.

Read more: http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/f...r-managers-job

Meanwhile, Clement, Sherwood and Cotterhill have already been interviewed... Read more: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a7403141.html

Forget both of them, obviously.

Apart from that I'm not sure that WLS is a credible source these days.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
      I'm not sure that WLS is a credible source these days.
      It's a Dave Mac article. His record has been better of late.

Comment

I expect it to be true as they are out of work managers wanting a job.

Comment

Not bad managers to be fair. Wouldn't want either really but both an improvement on JFH. Also, shows to me, that despite claims from a some, qpr job is a good job and wanted by quite a few managers. London club, with history, and some money. We can be great again.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
            Not bad managers to be fair. Wouldn't want either really but both an improvement on JFH. Also, shows to me, that despite claims from a some, qpr job is a good job and wanted by quite a few managers. London club, with history, and some money. We can be great again.
            Well, we can be all right again. Maybe quite good. Perhaps even good. One step at a time, with Paul Clement.

Comment

God help us if any of them even get through the door for a interview.

QPR is a bloody good job with lots of potential. Poor appointments at management level have cost us. But even in the Summer we spent 5/6 mill and have a very healthy wage budget for the championship.

We should be speaking to the Pearson's, Lamberts, Clements and Rowetts of this world and potentially flirting with the like of Alladyce.

Robinson and Freedman are a tier down from what our objectives and ambitions should be and why even sack JFH to replace him with more duds?

Comment

Freedman 16/1
                Robinson 25/1

This morning.

Comment

They are more than welcome to apply, like any manager out of work would.

Comment

Freedman - No
                    Robinson - Yep

Comment

Robinson would be a dire primark appointment. No ambition and no lessons learned from JFH.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                        Make QPR great again? I've heard that before somewhere, I know just the man.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Freedman - No
                          Robinson - Yep
                          Why yep for Robinson just out of curiousity, I don't see any reason why he should get the job

Comment

Make QPR great again

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                              Why yep for Robinson just out of curiousity, I don't see any reason why he should get the job
                              Done an incredible job for MK on a shoe string budget, probably one of the weakest budgets in League 1, to be fair. Was unlucky in the Champ, didnt have a pot to #### in last season.

I wouldnt hire him but I think he has potential. Certainly at a different level to JFH currently.

Comment

Working...
                              X