Ben Gladwin last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Gladwin last night

You would have thought that Diego Costa came off the subs bench last night when Gladwin was put on judged by the booing in my part of the Upper Loft and absolutely mystifies me why any fan would give a young player so much abuse

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
    You would have thought that Diego Costa came off the subs bench last night when Gladwin was put on judged by the booing in my part of the Upper Loft and absolutely mystifies me why any fan would give a young player so much abuse
    And then he touched the ball ...

I think it probably had more to do with the expectation of seeing Wsolek creating chances and wondering why he wasn't being given the opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
      Pathetic I thought.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Because for some reason fans need a scapegoat.

I have no idea why, but every team at every level in every sport has one.

Gladwin had a very poor start at the club and has only minorly improved since then. Unfortunately for a lot of fans the first impression you make in the side is bloody important. If you start poorly you better turn your form around quick smart or after a couple poor games you'll become the clubs scapegoat, and in worst case scenarios that could take a couple seasons to remove.
        Feed The Massimo And He Will Score

Comment

Gladwin's another one with potential IMO. He needed/needs minutes which why I think he was brought on.

I find him strangely effective.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            Gladwin's another one with potential IMO. He needed/needs minutes which why I think he was brought on.

I find him strangely effective.
            Spot on agree. Better then some give him credit

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
              And then he touched the ball ...

I think it probably had more to do with the expectation of seeing Wsolek creating chances and wondering why he wasn't being given the opportunity.
              I'll tell you why...

1. Gladwin is a more natural CM, in-fact, he should be playing there and NOT out wide..
              2. Wsolek is a WINGER and a proper winger who gets to the corner flag.
              3. Ultimately based on points 1 and 2 the formation (4-3-3 last night) and the sub made did not allow for Wsolek to come on.

It was his best option for that position.. Chery, Connor and Sylla all were playing well and therefore stayed on.

Comment

strangely though

strangely though when ever he plays we win
                Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Dunno what player you lot have been watching but Gladwin has been shocking since he signed. That said, I never agree with booing one player. Whoever did that needs a swift kick. He may be sh!te but booing him is hardly going to help him is it?
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                    Dunno what player you lot have been watching but Gladwin has been shocking since he signed. That said, I never agree with booing one player. Whoever did that needs a swift kick. He may be sh!te but booing him is hardly going to help him is it?
                    He hasnt been amazing, but has hardly had a proper run in the squad due to loan outs and injuries to be labelled as SHOCKING. Last night, he wasnt shocking either.

Also wouldnt and wont ever boo a player as it is NOT productive AT ALL

Comment

Were they booing Gladwin or the substitution?

Comment

Maybe we should give these young players time no? Gladwin, Washington, Cousins etc. And by time, I mean a season or so.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                          Maybe we should give these young players time no? Gladwin, Washington, Cousins etc. And by time, I mean a season or so.
                          I think Connor and Cousins have already showed me enough now, both have talent and potential.

Comment

Some people in here surely booed Ben last night - are you ready to admit

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                              He hasnt been amazing, but has hardly had a proper run in the squad due to loan outs and injuries to be labelled as SHOCKING. Last night, he wasnt shocking either.

Also wouldnt and wont ever boo a player as it is NOT productive AT ALL
                              I wasn't there last night so can't judge. But every time I've seen him play I've been less than impressed. Maybe there's a reason he's been loaned out and hasn't played?
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2