Conor Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor Washington

I am so so desperate for him to score . Don't think he has ever played a full 90 minutes yet he never throws a strop unlike some would have done by now.
    The roof is gonna come off once he gets off the mark and the customary burying with all the players on top.
    I for one will be so happy for him once he gets that monkey off his back.

Hes already scored in the league cup but has been a very bad signing we will have to unload one day
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Me too, I think his movement off the ball is good.

Comment

Thought he was decent on Saturday - great knock on for Sylla who almost scored

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy View Post
          Me too, I think his movement off the ball is good.
          Love your avatar Hardy even though it's Stan Laurel.I've got a personal letter from the great man himself on the death of his beloved Oliver Hardy (Babe as he affectionately called him.)

Comment

Im the same, still think conor will come good, havnt seen enough of him personally but what i have can tell theres a good striker in there, just needs to start knocking some in!
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

i feel sorry for conor, his confidence is a bit shattered atm but everytime he plays he gets unlucky when in a scoring situation. when he gets a couple of goals under his belt and stops being stressed when under pressure he'll score 15+ a season easily, he gets himself into 1 on 1s nearly every game he plays.
              hopefully we don't sell him as imo next season will be his

Comment

We dont play a system to suit him. Simple as that. He will never be a goalscorer for us whilst we play the way we do.
                Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                Lovejoy: "No?!"
                Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
                  We dont play a system to suit him. Simple as that. He will never be a goalscorer for us whilst we play the way we do.
                  Agree on the system not working for him but we should be able to play more than one...

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
                    The thing is he has had chances to score but they just wont go in regardless of the system.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                      i feel sorry for conor, his confidence is a bit shattered atm but everytime he plays he gets unlucky when in a scoring situation. when he gets a couple of goals under his belt and stops being stressed when under pressure he'll score 15+ a season easily, he gets himself into 1 on 1s nearly every game he plays.
                      hopefully we don't sell him as imo next season will be his
                      OK I sort of agree with part of this, but saying he gets unlucky every time he's in a goalscoring situation is like saying Nasser is getting unlucky whenever he leathers it wide. It happens too often to be unlucky. It's all well and good getting into the positions, but if you never score the goals, what use is that?

He could get that many goals a season, if he was better. As for others saying he isn't suited to our formation, absolutely he isn't, but good strikers can adapt. Look at Austin, who people said couldn't play alone up front, yet he adapted perfectly. Even Polter is capable of adapting. If Conor wants to have a hope of being a good striker, he needs to adapt.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                        The thing is he has had chances to score but they just wont go in regardless of the system.
                        I agree, he has had chances. I think he will come good despite the system.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          OK I sort of agree with part of this, but saying he gets unlucky every time he's in a goalscoring situation is like saying Nasser is getting unlucky whenever he leathers it wide. It happens too often to be unlucky. It's all well and good getting into the positions, but if you never score the goals, what use is that?

He could get that many goals a season, if he was better. As for others saying he isn't suited to our formation, absolutely he isn't, but good strikers can adapt. Look at Austin, who people said couldn't play alone up front, yet he adapted perfectly. Even Polter is capable of adapting. If Conor wants to have a hope of being a good striker, he needs to adapt.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post

Nas because of he hasnt scored in those situations is all down to his confidence has been affected, therefore hes either trying to hard and its just not happening, soon as a few will go in youll see a different side to him, hopefully ofcourse but thats my opinion!
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                              Nas because of he hasnt scored in those situations is all down to his confidence has been affected, therefore hes either trying to hard and its just not happening, soon as a few will go in youll see a different side to him, hopefully ofcourse but thats my opinion!
                              Perhaps, but we've said that for 8 months or so now and he doesn't score. When he scores in the cup, people say now we'll see a different side to him and we don't. I hope he does well, but he doesn't look like he will and we need to focus on giving ourselves the best chance to win off the bench. At the moment, that isn't CW. When he came on at half time on Saturday, I knew we had no chance of getting a goal out of him, just because it was the absolutely wrong change to make.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                              X