Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    I agree.

I want Nasser answer my previous questions.

Plus it's not personal. CW is no mate of mine. Doesn't pay my bills. I just think the kid deserves a fair crack of the whip. Not be judged on bit part cameos where he is obviously low on confidence not being fancied by the manager, starting on the bench behind a player doing absolutely nothing. Must be demoralising.

Comment

Can you read? I know he came on. That's why I asked, if he's so good in your eyes why can't he score against lower league opposition and bottom of the table sides?

It's not a difficult question.
      Are you legitimately serious? He scored 2 goals and won us 2 penalties against championship opposition. He came on and effectively set up the CW goal with his effort and commitment in the cup. By the same tone, how come CW came on and couldn't score against Blackburn? How come he has come on as a sub so much and not been able to make an impact against championship opposition. How come he's only been able to score a competitive goal in the cup against lower league opposition in 8 months of playing for us? You say he hasn't had the same chance as Polter, absolute bs, because last season, he had the same opportunities as Polter and did nothing. Here, take a look at their comparative times at the club since Washington signed.

This is Polter's game time from matchday 28 till the end of the season.

This is Conor's game time from matchday 28 till the end of the season.

Polts played 1244 minutes in those weeks, CW played 695 minutes. Double the minutes for Polter, wanna know why? 4 goals and 3 assists, aka a goal contribution every other game. He played an average of 69 minutes a game and made an impact. CW? He played the equivalent of almost a half of football every game.

Here's something you might not notice, but we've only scored 6 goals with him on the pitch in the league this season and last and he wasn't involved in any of them in any way. In fact, subbing him off last season led to us getting 2 goals that got us more points in a game. Subbing him off for Nasser El K no less. Polter got an assist coming on as a sub, he got goals as a sub, at least let Conor do that before you suggest that he deserves a run in the team. When Polter didn't perform in the run in last season, notice how CW gets game time from the start. Notice how CW does nothing with his game time. Notice how we regularly improve when he is off the pitch. This isn't personal with CW, he just doesn't perform when given the chance, so why waste more match time trying to force a performance out of someone who clearly isn't capable of it.

You say Polter's done nothing, actually watch the match and you might think differently.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Conor is a completely different type of player than Seb. Seb is more of a power hustle and bustle player and Conor is more of a runner. You only have to see some of his Peterborough goals to see that. Conor would thrive more if we would play more through balls for him to run on to. We don't seem to have that vision for killer defence splitting passes at the moment and play a lot of short passes around either side of the box without really getting many good early crosses in. Until this happens we will struggle to score many in play goals. I do think we should be playing with two up front to try and form a good partnership and one defensive mid with Chery along side and two wingers. Even when the ball goes up to seb most of the time there is no one near him to play it to and he certainly can't hold the ball or head and play anyone through behind him as there is no one running off him. 4231 is a system that needs players passing and moving quickly and needs the two center mids to get up and down box to box and also getting into the box like a Lampard but ours don't do that.

Comment

Your putting in alot of effort defending your opinion Nas but missing what others are saying. I don't think people like Jimmy etc are saying Washington is the answer and think many who are arguing are of the opinion he's not up to it but there saying give him proper minutes on the pitch not cameos to prove he's not up to it

At the moment he's like the super sub with out the super and in some eyes thats not fair opportunity to cut your teeth or prove your worth

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Your putting in alot of effort defending your opinion Nas but missing what others are saying. I don't think people like Jimmy etc are saying Washington is the answer and think many who are arguing are of the opinion he's not up to it but there saying give him proper minutes on the pitch not cameos to prove he's not up to it

At the moment he's like the super sub with out the super and in some eyes thats not fair opportunity to cut your teeth or prove your worth
            I understand totally what Jimmy's suggesting but he says that Seb was "gifted an opportunity" and conor deserves the same. That is 100% not true. My qualms with the desire to play CW is that if he wants to get a chance, he has to earn it. No one at the club was gifted an opportunity without earning it.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Neither Seb or Conor have been great at scoring goals so far this season. That is what we should be discussing, not whether one is better than the other.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                Neither Seb or Conor have been great at scoring goals so far this season. That is what we should be discussing, not whether one is better than the other.
                We may have the answer in that new boy Styler

Comment

Seb's won two penalties and scored 2 goals in the league, against Championship opposition. That's a decent return. CW has scored one goal in 2 cup starts with the second lasting 120 minutes. Sorry but for me, even if you think Seb hasn't done much, he's done a hell of a lot more than CW and that's been the case since CW has joined.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    Seb's won two penalties and scored 2 goals in the league, against Championship opposition. That's a decent return. CW has scored one goal in 2 cup starts with the second lasting 120 minutes. Sorry but for me, even if you think Seb hasn't done much, he's done a hell of a lot more than CW and that's been the case since CW has joined.
                    I wasn't comparing the two. I was indicating that neither have set the world on fire so far this season and the discussion should be on how to improve this rather than one is better than the other.

Comment

I can't say I've seen anything from Washington in an Rs shirt to show me he should start over Poulter. He's fluffed his lines at key points in games this season, whether it be a bad first touch that breaks down a great break, or missing a crucial chance.

Of course we don't play the right formation to get the best out of him, but missing these chances is nothing to do with the formation, as he's already on goal. Even if we did change our formation to what suits his play better, is he really a player good enough to change your formation for?

I like him and I think he's decent player, just not at this level.

Comment

I wasn't comparing the two. I was indicating that neither have set the world on fire so far this season and the discussion should be on how to improve this rather than one is better than the other.
                        Oh I get what you mean, yea they've not been phenomenal but I don't think we're getting that sort of striker with them. I don't know what Sylla will be like in this regard, but we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          Jimmy's suggesting but he says that Seb was "gifted an opportunity" and conor deserves the same
                          Please quote me where I said this stat boy?????!!

You can't. You know why? Because you're a liar as I've never used that phrase in my life.

All I've asked for, along with many others is to give Washington a fair run in the side. It's not rocket science.

Comment

He'd work well as a pair but of course our manager doesn't play pairs up front.

Also needs a fair run in the side like the bang average but lovely fella Polter has been granted. It's only fair.
                            You used the word granted, not gifted, but the meaning of it is there. What's fair ultimately is if Conor scores from the bench, then he can come into the starting line up.

Comment

Yea if you say so.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                                Conor is a completely different type of player than Seb. Seb is more of a power hustle and bustle player and Conor is more of a runner. You only have to see some of his Peterborough goals to see that. Conor would thrive more if we would play more through balls for him to run on to. We don't seem to have that vision for killer defence splitting passes at the moment and play a lot of short passes around either side of the box without really getting many good early crosses in. Until this happens we will struggle to score many in play goals. I do think we should be playing with two up front to try and form a good partnership and one defensive mid with Chery along side and two wingers. Even when the ball goes up to seb most of the time there is no one near him to play it to and he certainly can't hold the ball or head and play anyone through behind him as there is no one running off him. 4231 is a system that needs players passing and moving quickly and needs the two center mids to get up and down box to box and also getting into the box like a Lampard but ours don't do that.
                                I agree. All the stats in the workd are no use if they aee used to measure different types of players.

Playing a lone striker role is probably not suited to CW, especially if the team is not playing through balls for him to get on to. Having said that, how many one on ones has CW missed?
                                It is pointless keeping him if JFH will not change formations or tactics that would suit him.

Comment

Working...
                                X