Conor Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by old boy View Post
    It amazes me how different peoples perception of a player varies so much. I have watched Washington all season and I do not see any ability apart from his speed. He doesn't seem to have any natural ball skills at all, he can't take the ball past a defender, he can't control a long ball into the box and he is too short to beat most defenders in the air. On Tuesday, he should have been taken off and Wszolek put on in his place.
    Neither could Hoilett for about 2 years... Patience. Just saying.

Comment

It amazes me how different peoples perception of a player varies so much. I have watched Washington all season and I do not see any ability apart from his speed. He doesn't seem to have any natural ball skills at all, he can't take the ball past a defender, he can't control a long ball into the box and he is too short to beat most defenders in the air. On Tuesday, he should have been taken off and Wszolek put on in his place.

Over the last 18 or so months we've had large influx of players which has left JFH with a hell of a job trying to find a balanced side while trying to give game time to others consequently the play has been crap ,Washington is one of several players whose recent form shown signs improvement

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        Perhaps, but we've said that for 8 months or so now and he doesn't score. When he scores in the cup, people say now we'll see a different side to him and we don't. I hope he does well, but he doesn't look like he will and we need to focus on giving ourselves the best chance to win off the bench. At the moment, that isn't CW. When he came on at half time on Saturday, I knew we had no chance of getting a goal out of him, just because it was the absolutely wrong change to make.
        Ok ill see if i can help or throw a spanner into the works.

I live in peterborough i got a season ticket for Rs as I'm from Willesden, ok the start of last season he was doing exactly the same for peterborough as he is for the Rs, he couldn't buy a goal worked so hard for one. crowd on his back etc. soon as he got 1 he got 14 then we signed him and i think he got injured training confidence gone.

He is like all strikers a confidence player but even if it aint going his way he still adds movement and is unselfish as a player tbh from what I've seen of Sylla i say he's a striker and Washington's a support.

Is his defence he's young and does score goals is his weakness he is better straight done the middle and we use him wide. but i think he will get more than polter if played with Sylla as i think his movement will be more beneficial to the team.

Comment

CW won't improve because touch is something you either have or you don't, and without it your chances of finding the space all strikers need are halved. Polter doesn't have it either.

Said at the time that these were highly questionable acquisitions, also said JET is a better all round bet than either. Feed Jet & Sylla, now you're talking a few more goals.

It''s just common sense.

Comment

I can totally see what you mean, and I think it's me hoping he'll come good more than anything, but starting to think about it, on Tuesday, I saw him trying to take on his man and you knew he was going to lose it. He runs a lot for sure and hassles like mad, but he's not got a particularly great shot on him (unlucky not to put it away from that deflected shot mind you) but he'll probably settle at this level when played on the left purely on his effort and speed. Seems like a lot of players at this level are like that.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

but he's not got a particularly great shot on him (unlucky not to put it away from that deflected shot mind you).
              Didn't anyone see the shot he had from the right hand side of the goal second half? Proper rocket that only narrowly missed

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Didn't anyone see the shot he had from the right hand side of the goal second half? Proper rocket that only narrowly missed
                Yes. Turned on a sixpence to make it too. Again, a great effort and unlucky.

Comment

• Can anybody name a current player that hasn't struggled maybe we can exclude the 2 poles and the French lad due their short time here

Comment

I must've missed that, have yet to have the time to watch the match on player so will have to check it out, but if it was as good as you say, fair play to him, hope his shot keeps improving. He's had a history of scuffing it or hitting it straight at the keeper.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                      Can anybody name a current player that hasn't struggled maybe we can exclude the 2 poles and the French lad due their short time here
                      Smithies and Ingram maybe?

Comment

Smithies tbf had a few weeks this season where he wasn't particularly great, but that might just be because we've set such high standards for him.

Comment

I must've missed that, have yet to have the time to watch the match on player so will have to check it out, but if it was as good as you say, fair play to him, hope his shot keeps improving. He's had a history of scuffing it or hitting it straight at the keeper.
                          Were you at the game?

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                            Were you at the game?
                            I was indeed, as I always am. Just must have missed it while I was having a chuckle at the gent next to me falling asleep midgame. I didn't think it was that bad haha.

More likely I probably just forgot, hence watching it 2 times.

Comment

Yeah you're right Mushy Smithies has had the odd hic up but generally been excellent our best player but I talking about outfield players form

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                                CW won't improve because touch is something you either have or you don't, and without it your chances of finding the space all strikers need are halved. Polter doesn't have it either.
                                Dont agree with this, Austin had the touch of a rapist when he joined, it'd take him about 5 tries to control it. It can definitely be improved on the training ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X