Jimmy on QPR podcast tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    Thought the one thing JFH didn't do was 'come across well', amazing how opinions can be so different.

Thought he stuttered a lot, and could hardly speak English at stages. 'errrrrrr, errrrrrrrrrrrrr'
    This. Times a million. How you can think Jimmy comes across well beggars belief. He stutters and mutters, endlessly says 'you know', ceaselessly uses tropes and cliches.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      This. Times a million. How you can think Jimmy comes across well beggars belief. He stutters and mutters, endlessly says 'you know', ceaselessly uses tropes and cliches.....
      Ah, there speaks a linguistic purist! No time for phatic conversation eh mate?! You're a teacher aren't you? (No agenda in that question, just wondering).

Comment

I've heard him speak clearer than that without the stuttering in many other interviews is my point.

I thought he sounded like he was trying really hard to think of the answers to the questions put to him, when in the past the answers have just been flowing.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Listened to the interview, came across very well. Made sense with what he said regarding formations, the Newcastle debacle, his response about Sandro was the right one as far as I'm concerned and it's what I've been saying is the reason was for quite a while. Simply put, you want to leave, you move to the bottom of the queue. We have the facts that he wanted to leave and we in truth had no desire to keep him, unlike the situation with Hoilett last season where the manager wanted him to stay.
          I also like what he says about the striker situation, esp regarding CW. The transfer policy is one that works well in modern football too. He takes his time with what he says primarily because of the detail with which he describes everything and his English developing more with this sort of language.

And what he says about the fans is also a very strong statement, imo the right one, but with the way fans act here, a risky one. And as a fanbase, I want to reiterate this: If we keep the noise and support up for 90 minutes of football and the players fail to put in the effort, we have every right to complain. But if the players are playing in the morgue we've cultivated in the last 5 years. We are giving the players an excuse to give up because we as a fan base have given up in matches.

Everyone at this club, from the fans, to the players, the management, the ownership; everyone wants the same thing. By the same thread, everyone will act the same way. If we give up, they give up. We don't show passion, they won't. So lets do everything we can to show that passion, so show that determination as fans and you'll see the players will respond in tune. Just look at Leeds, look at that match against Derby, look at the Wigan play off match. Yes, those last two were big games but the point still stands. We always get the result when we go in and don't stop singing.

Look at how scared of us Chelsea were when they visited HQ. They were a shaken mess of footballers. Why? Because for that one game, we showed them that we were the fans we always say we are. We showed them that we are the most vocal, supportive bunch of pri 1cks in London. Lets get that back. That's what JFH wants, that's what we want and we have no reason not to at least try it.
          If we dont show passion they wont show passion lol, are you joking? the amount of money there on lol, id show enormous passion just playing out there on no money, serve up tripe and non entertain gets treated that way im afraid, we`re not there to entertain them, they are supposed to us!
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

It all comes down to the following....

Jommy backs his formation,

Backs playing plyers out of position,

Says he would puck the the same starting 11 again.
            Will always pick karl over sandro.

The bloke is an idiot. Time to jog him on.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              Ah, there speaks a linguistic purist! No time for phatic conversation eh mate?! You're a teacher aren't you? (No agenda in that question, just wondering).
              Haha. I am a university teacher. I like tropes and cliches, mind, but not strung together all the time.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                Haha. I am a university teacher. I like tropes and cliches, mind, but not strung together all the time.....
                Ah, I thought so. And indeed, I'm with you on that score!

Comment

Working...
                X