Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The daft thing is we`ve got a good squad of young players...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The daft thing is we`ve got a good squad of young players...

That most are pleased with supporters wise, as we always seemed to have a ageing squad, so alls good there, but then we`re playing slow football & not having ago, which you tend to associate with younger players, definately seems like there being held back, me personally would love to see some one touch passing and increase the tempo bit like shodipo offers & how cousins first appeared to play! Do not mind if we`re not winning every game but being positive & try to put abit of urgency into our play, also using wingers how they should be used getting forward to the byline, be it whatever formation we would use! Just would like to see jimmy get rid of what hes been doing and go for it, let the reigns off these players, sure theyve got it in them!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

The trouble is that whatever good stuff is going on in the background gets overlooked when the first team are playing so poorly. I really hope we can turn it round quickly but I'm not liking the look of the next few fixtures.

Comment

We cannot have him in charge against Fulham as a Ramsay type performance is on the cards going by our form.

Comment

If we've got such a good squad of players, how come none of them know how to attack?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          If we've got such a good squad of players, how come none of them know how to attack?
          Because they are being mismanaged, set up negatively and played out of position perhaps?

Comment

Agree with you both, but if jimmys got any sense or confidence in himself he should change it, as he`ll be out of a job very soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              True but its goto be to do with the manager & not that there poor! well hopefully else we really are in trouble!

Comment

Looking at their reaction over the last few games it would seem he has lost them.

Comment

They have definitely. You only have to see the YouTube clips of players like Yeni and Chery before he came here. Luongo for Australia. Getting these players and Shodipo and Wszolek playing a fast moving passing game with possibly two or one striker up would definitely do us good. Setting the midfield further up connecting to the strikers more will force us to peg teams back. With two holding sets us up far too deep and invites teams to peg us back. Should be the other way around. Our defensive duo rarely get forward to help out the attack which leaves a big gap and invites teams to over run us.

Comment

Said on another thread we got a decent team. Just shackled by a diabolical manager. Without a shadow of doubt warnock would have had this lot in playoffs.

Comment

Agree rick & just seen you posting that! theres only 1 way jfh is going to save himself from himself getting the sack & thats to change and be brave, but dont think hes got it in him!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                        Agree rick & just seen you posting that! theres only 1 way jfh is going to save himself from himself getting the sack & thats to change and be brave, but dont think hes got it in him!
                        Agree mate. He's lost the fans and players now. We just got to suffer it till the board see it and give him the boot. But could still be a while yet as there asleep at the wheel like usual.

Comment

It seems as though there's an element of 'we should be doing better' at the current predicament.

I don't get to travel to games, so it's hard to comment with any first hand experience, but this club has no given right to be anywhere, playoff's, Championship, League 1, Premiership. The fact is we struggle, and have done ever since Warnock got us into the Premier League, to play exciting football. No team does well, be it in the table or with their fanbase, by playing without a plan focused on getting the ball in the opponents net. The Leeds game this year and the Middlesborough home game last season were the only times I've seen QPR play exciting football in the last 5 years. There have been exciting games but not exciting football.

I really like the squad, it looks like a good group of players to me, lacking a lethal striker perhaps and a true midfield commander, but it's a damn sight better than we've had for the last 4 years. I just don't understand why, after 5 managers, countless changes in personnel front and back, there's this merry go round of bad tactics, players out of position and poor, uninspiring football.

This club deserves nothing more than it gets by the way it goes about it's business on the pitch.

Comment

Why doesn´t JFH set them up to play like we did against Leeds? Shouldn`t we play a hard-pressing game??
                            Last edited by Shania; 18-09-2016, 01:25 PM.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Ok here's the thing. We know the manager wants a pressing game and the players aren't playing that from what we've seen, that much is obvious. Yet we're still suggesting the players are innocent in this whole thing? You think JFH isn't telling them to press? Of course he is, they're just not doing it at the moment. It's a rough patch, we get over it. A win, a draw and 2 losses in our last 4 is ok, if nothing special. We will deliver soon enough. But for now, the players are as culpable for their performances as the manager is.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                              X