Smithies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smithies

What kind of a reception did the Huddersfield fans give him yesterday?
    Good servant for them, so I assume it was a good one?

Never booed him but gave him the wwwwoooooooohhhhhh when kicking

He seems bit out of sorts recently with his kicking.

Comment

He is needing a bit of help from those in front of him and to be fair him and Hall who I like as players seem to be on the floor confidence wise. He made 2 or 3 top saves against Newcastle and yet still they scored 6.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
        He is needing a bit of help from those in front of him and to be fair him and Hall who I like as players seem to be on the floor confidence wise. He made 2 or 3 top saves against Newcastle and yet still they scored 6.

This.

if it wasn't for some top drawer saves it would have been 8 or 9.

Comment

If there is one thing I would criticize Smithies is his lack of coming out of his line to collect crosses. Huddersfield second goal was a cross in the small box that any other good keeper will come out to cut. Yet he stayed there glued to his line and the header went in. At the moment he looks low in confidence, however he is a good keeper and still prefer him from Green.

Comment

Our captain did not exactly leave the ground either!

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
              If there is one thing I would criticize Smithies is his lack of coming out of his line to collect crosses. Huddersfield second goal was a cross in the small box that any other good keeper will come out to cut. Yet he stayed there glued to his line and the header went in. At the moment he looks low in confidence, however he is a good keeper and still prefer him from Green.
              Definitely prefer him over Green and statistically, he was the best keeper in the league last season. But he's not had a great start this season and I think putting in Ingram for a match or two just to show him that he needs to fight for his place will do him a world of good.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Think he has done ok but we are paying for not having a Dunne like centre back.

Comment

We still don't know why he didn't play at the end of last season and in a lot of the preseason matches. There were a number of rumours going around. So he hasn't really had the benefit of playing preseason and was rested about four or five games at the end of last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                    Can't blame Smithies for either of their goals mate. Both were completely and utterly unmarked. Grant Hall, by the way, what on earth has happened to him?
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      Can't blame Smithies for either of their goals mate. Both were completely and utterly unmarked. Grant Hall, by the way, what on earth has happened to him?
                      Looked good at the start of the season when everyone else did... Seems to have fallen off the pace a little bit in recent matches. Stood still, not turning, not giving the same quality of performances as he did last season. As with Smithies, I think we should put in the direct cover for him in Lynch, make him aware of the fact that he isn't guaranteed starts if he doesn't perform.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                      X