Good and bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good and bad

OK, OK, by and large the whole performance was garbage. I get it, I understand, before anyone gets all snippy.
    Just wanted to highlight a couple of things. Firstly, among all the cr@p we saw today, Nasser El Khayati was pure sh!t. I've tried and tried to give him chance after chance but, like Gladwin, I think League 1 is about his level.
    But, to flip it and highlight something good, aside from Chery's superb free kick, Olamide Shodipo was class today. Hopefully he continues to play.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Agree about shodipo easily our best player today which is rather embarrassing on the rest of them. El kayati is like you say league 1 at the very best

Comment

I gave up on el Kayati today very poor player reminded me of Michael Meaker runs about doing nothing

If Washington takes two chances were all happy

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        I gave up on el Kayati today very poor player reminded me of Michael Meaker runs about doing nothing

If Washington takes two chances were all happy
        I wish he'd just take one bloody chance

Comment

Too early to be writing off el kayati.

Comment

I agree ,he could turn out to be a championship level player still,give him time

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
              Too early to be writing off el kayati.
              How much more time are you giving him? He's been with us since the start of the year.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                How much more time are you giving him? He's been with us since the start of the year.
                He still feels quite new to me Ginge. Hasn't had that much time.
                I would definitely give him the rest of the season at least.

Comment

said it before if you carry players at this level u get found out , el khayati is a showpony , i'm sure he'll score the odd screamer throughout the season but will be a ball watcher for most of it

Comment

I'm disappointed by El Khayati today, he seemed to do some stuff right in the build up but his end product is really not there at all.

There was a lot to like about today, I though apart from the moment leading up to the goal where everyone stopped playing, we looked comfortable defensively. I'd say that Chery looked great, same for Shodipo, but I'd expect him to be out of contention for tuesday, not only because he took an absolute battering from their lot today, but also because we've got Yeni and Wszolek coming in. Also have Ariel and Luongo to come back into the side, and Caulker to come in.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Don't think el k is up to this level. Disappointed because jfh knew all about him obviously
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

El Khayati playing for us shows you where we are as a team as he was woeful yesterday unlike the lad on the other wing who had real purpose. One of JFH's boys so pointless wondering how he gets the game time he does.

Comment

Last season I was in the give him time camp but there has been no progression. He's always going score that wow moment goal every five or six games but his overall contribution and impact is not there

Agree Nas really like look of the young kid only thing which I have noticed is he don't actually look that quick. I had thought he was going to be lightening but he dont come across particularly pacey and instead beats man with trick and quick feet

Comment

Would of gone second if we didnt let them equalize. Thank god they did eh. That wouldn't suit the jimmy out agenda and this place would of died.

Comment

I can't see elk being anything more than a super sub for us this, he'said good to bring on for the last 15-20 minutes or so when we need a goal but other than that, he's not championship material.
                              Shodipo was great today and has an incredible amount of raw talent, can't wait to see how good he becomes after a few months of first team action, was our best player by far and was unlucky to get carded after a bullsh!t foul given by the ref. Only thing i'd say Shodipo needs to do more is make more off the ball runs rather than waiting for a pass.

Gotta give credit to their keeper though, he did keep them in it

Comment

Working...
                              X