Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barnsley bid for Kpekwa. (Signed Official.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
    You probably need to check the treshold levels on your sarcasm filter G.
    Ah yes, I probably do...
    I'm ashamed of myself DK, apologies
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      Just read that article, & how ridiculas getting rid just cos opf his fitness level, im sure they could of got him a personal trainer to be with him most of the time or something instead of just give up and get rid! Barnsley wouldnt of bought him if they thought hes a fat waste of space, sorry but thats over the top getting rid just cos of that, could of been dealt with better than that...
      If a 20 year old player can't be arsed to stay relatively fit off-season and turn up to training on time, then he has to go - especially if he's a 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice LB. We wouldn't accept this behaviour from an established first XI player - why should we accept it from a young back-up player? We want people with the right mentality at our club - we don't want people who needs babysitters to be professional football players.

That being said, the article in question paints a very one-sided picture. There's probably more than one side to this story - but from the sound of it, getting rid of Kpekwa for a good fee was the right decision.
      QPR since 1993
      WATRB since 2015
      First QPR game hopefully in 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by peterlund.dk View Post
        If a 20 year old player can't be arsed to stay relatively fit off-season and turn up to training on time, then he has to go - especially if he's a 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice LB. We wouldn't accept this behaviour from an established first XI player - why should we accept it from a young back-up player? We want people with the right mentality at our club - we don't want people who needs babysitters to be professional football players.

That being said, the article in question paints a very one-sided picture. There's probably more than one side to this story - but from the sound of it, getting rid of Kpekwa for a good fee was the right decision.
        Bang on mate!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
          Just read that article, & how ridiculas getting rid just cos opf his fitness level, im sure they could of got him a personal trainer to be with him most of the time or something instead of just give up and get rid!
          Sounds to me like the geezer is a slacker. Get rid and focus resources on those that put in the effort.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterlund.dk View Post

Good post Peter
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              A lot of people in this thread think hes the best defender we have had in years but a bad egg is a bad egg and has to go.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/c...elbaink-110272
              Ruthless, but sounds like the right decision.
              Seems Cole has a lot of growing up to do, and maybe being up north will help him do that.

Comment

• Sounds like something the club would leak to deflect criticism...not saying it's not true though.

Comment

• I am going to say that this doesn't make much sense. I compete at a high level in athletics. I understand how training works, have coached and am up on my sports science. The running training that footballers will undergo is similar to how an 800/1500m runner would train. Sure the footballer will works on skills, tactics etc. but from a fitness point of view you are trying to build up someone with good stamina, who can do lots of short sprints.

When the season is over for runners (e.g. about now) there will be a period of rest of about 3-4 weeks. During this time there will be next to no running, the athletes will gain weight and allow their bodies to rebuild. Next they will then start their base building phase, before introducing speedwork in Feb/March, drop the volume in May/June and then focus totally on speed, (this is a simplistic overview of an athlete who is looking to peak only once per year in August). If the peaking has been perfectly implemented then the athlete will be at their best in the major championships, and then have a noticeable drop off afterwards as they need to reintroduce endurance training. (Think of every England footballer in a major championship, they look flat as their club has got them to peak for the end of the season when the trophies are up for grabs).

When Jimmy came in he sidelined JET and Sandro and made them train by themselves as they had an issue doing double sessions. Whilst training more times per day does lead to fitness gains, this can also lead to injuries. Some middle distance runners train with long distance groups, others with sprinters. Everyone is different and there is no "one sized fits all" solution here. Clearly this article shows that Jimmy wants to train in a more endurance based way. Kpekawa gaining weight is not a problem and questions need to be asked of the sports medical back up if they think that this (by itself) is a problem. Everyone from Usain Bolt to Keninisa Bekele gains weight in the off-season and loses fitness. If you have had 4 weeks of doing nothing, then after 4 weeks of training you will have regained your lost fitness (this does not necessarily mean that you will have regained your speed), assuming you were fully fit when you had 4 weeks off.

If Jimmy is deciding who to pick based on their ability to be able to run around well on double training sessions and fitness tests, the issue with this is that players will (likely) lose their acceleration. In order to maintain speed (or improve it), you need to work on speed. Not on endurance. It is one or the other. We often see in England young players who are quick (Michael Owen for example) and when they could be hitting their peak years for sprinting they are a shadow of their former selves, and we hear the excuse of "injuries". In athletics there are far more injuries, (you can't work on skills or tactics), every day you are close to the redline of injury to get the fractional improvements that you want.

Now there were other items mentioned in this press report (bad attitude, turning up late) I don't know if they are real or whether Jimmy is basing everything on fitness. But if he is totally consumed with the idea that the team with that is the fittest will win the game, then he doesn't understand the relationship of speed and endurance, and I expect that any players who rely on short bursts of very high speed (i.e. those blessed with lots of fast twitch fibres) will not be a success under his management, and instead we will be relying on those who have lots of slow-twitch fibres. In summary this will mean that going forwards Jimmy aims to have teams that would always be better in the second half, and that are likely slow starters.

Comment

• All very interesting mate, but I very much doubt ANY football manager is attempting to get their players at peak fitness for the end of the season. They need to be fit throughout the whole 9 months, so I would imagine that calls for an entirely different approach altogether.

Your last sentence makes for interesting reading though. Our first half performances are so boring and we've let less late goals in.

I'm guessing Redknapp had a whole range of twitch fibres.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                      All very interesting mate, but I very much doubt ANY football manager is attempting to get their players at peak fitness for the end of the season. They need to be fit throughout the whole 9 months, so I would imagine that calls for an entirely different approach altogether.

Your last sentence makes for interesting reading though. Our first half performances are so boring and we've let less late goals in.

I'm guessing Redknapp had a whole range of twitch fibres.

It isn't that runners are unfit for 9 months they aren't. They can run during this phase (cross country for the endurance athletes) or even on the road. The 10k runner aiming for 27'30 on the track, after his off season will be in 29'00 shape, and then after 4 weeks back of training will be in 28'30 shape, and then slowly work his way from their to top shape. This isn't a large percentage drop off but is a drop off.
                      Look at the results of the biggest teams in the first and last 10 games of the season. I would expect that they all finish stronger than they start.

Comment

• Gone to Colchester. Looks like we did well on that deal if Barnsley are selling him what with all the other players they have sold recently and they still decide to get rid.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRHoop View Post
                          Gone to Colchester. Looks like we did well on that deal if Barnsley are selling him what with all the other players they have sold recently and they still decide to get rid.
                          You sure its a sale, and not a loan?

Either way, good luck to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Norths View Post
                            You sure its a sale, and not a loan?

Either way, good luck to him.
                            Permanent

Comment

• League 2

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40637328

Comment

• This could so easily be Bowler in 12months hence why club made right decision

Comment

Working...
                                X