Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barnsley bid for Kpekwa. (Signed Official.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Kakay thread made me think of the Kpekawa deal, so I had a look to see how he's been getting on since leaving. Looks like the club did well to get around half a mill for him going by the fact he's now at Colchester and barely plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
      Seeing as we got 15 years to pay up (on my side) ill bet whatever u like

I saw enough in the League cup game away (Yeovil?) to see the kid has class and talent. Has not had a run in the side and Barnsley can obviously see a class young centre back when they see him (when was the last time we had a centre back come through our academy worth £47.5m).

Not saying he's gonna be a world beater like sarcy Kev likes to imply. Just think he has all the attributes to go to the top.

Good luck to him.
      Thank god you aren't scouting for QPR

Comment

• Originally posted by Norths View Post
        That Kakay thread made me think of the Kpekawa deal, so I had a look to see how he's been getting on since leaving. Looks like the club did well to get around half a mill for him going by the fact he's now at Colchester and barely plays.
        Where did it go wrong for this kid, he had some great games for us

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          Mentally the kid couldnt hack it, I think he probably thought he was above playing in the lower levels. People are negative on Furlong but the kid has shown amazing mental fortitude from being loved up in the Prem for about a week 4 years ago to being farmed out on loan 3 times and then making it back into the team.

Comment

Gone the way that many young players have gone before him. He hasn't make the necessary sacrifices required to cut it in the professional game. It's a real shame as he is very talented and has all the physical attributes required for a central defender (I know he predominantly played left back for us before anyone comments, but I'm sure centre half is most likely his natural position).

He's only 21 though, so maybe the penny will drop at some stage and he'll realise his full potential.

Comment

I thought he looked good as well, but IIRC #evilles explained at the time that he needed a move for his motivation. It sounded like he was already JETing it, but thats pure conjecture on my part.

https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                Mentally the kid couldnt hack it, I think he probably thought he was above playing in the lower levels. People are negative on Furlong but the kid has shown amazing mental fortitude from being loved up in the Prem for about a week 4 years ago to being farmed out on loan 3 times and then making it back into the team.
                Said the same on another thread yesterday about Furlong.

Comment

Did he?

Comment

• Great call by the DOF and even better getting significant funds in for him

Comment

• Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                      Did he?
                      He looked very promising in pre-season, I think it was actually the year we sold him, or maybe the year before.

Comment

• Yeah 4life i thought he did. I suppose he thought he'd made it, but the successful ones work even harder.
                        Great comment on Darnell too, never think what it does to players mentality or at least i haven't

"Jetting" I like that DK. That'll be a QPR term from now on.

Comment

Working...
                        X