Gladwin the latest scapegoat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gladwin the latest scapegoat?

Amongst the justifiable positivity on here, I notice that , again, Gladwin is the one who is being singled out for criticism. Personally, I think it's unfair. He puts a shift in, shows determination and has enough about him to be a useful member of the squad. Today he was a victim of his own aggression and the latest refereeing instructions. Indeed he was lucky not to get his marching orders ( sensible refereeing), but it's far too early for him to take on Karl Henry's unwanted mantle. Pity we can't have Rob Green to pick on every week.

Have to disagree. I haven't seen him play well for us at all. I want him to do well, of course, I just don't think he's made the step up to Championship level like Luongo has. He lost his man so many times today and played so many wayward passes. Couple of crosses looked decent, but for me all.he did was run around a bit. He's not a good player imo, and that's a shame.
    Disagree about the far too early comment too. He was pony the whole of last season too.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I agree, I think some of the criticism is unwarranted. He wasn't that bad today but fans always need a scapegoat sadly. The main thing is that JFH sees him only as backup to Yeni, and that's good enough for me.

Comment

I'm not saying he don't put in a shift, I'm saying we need better and can do much better.

He should've been sent off today, he got very lucky. It could've gone very wrong had he of got sent off.

I think that position is the weak link right now.

Comment

He wont start agan this season anyway.(injuries excepted)

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
            Amongst the justifiable positivity on here, I notice that , again, Gladwin is the one who is being singled out for criticism. Personally, I think it's unfair. He puts a shift in, shows determination and has enough about him to be a useful member of the squad. Today he was a victim of his own aggression and the latest refereeing instructions. Indeed he was lucky not to get his marching orders ( sensible refereeing), but it's far too early for him to take on Karl Henry's unwanted mantle. Pity we can't have Rob Green to pick on every week.
            No, he is not a scapegoat. He is just out of his deph. Poor player who gives up chasing a ball too often.

99% on here see it.

When you play a blinder, you are rightly praised ala henry.

When your turd, people will say it. Ala gladwin today.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

And he doesn't study geography

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                No, he is not a scapegoat. He is just out of his deph. Poor player who gives up chasing a ball too often.

99% on here see it.

I've seen pretty much every one of his games for us, and not once have i gone away saying, yeah Gladwin did well today, or yeah, Gladwin was alright. Again, it's a shame because it's not like he doesn't put in the effort.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Good squad player, but Yeni will be ahead of him IMO.

Cousins did a fine job out there too tbh.

Comment

Scapegoat for what?

Fans are entitled to their opinion and let's be honest, today not only was Gladwin utter garbage, he was extremely lucky not to be sent off. Not a fan of booing our own but if someone commented about how cr*p Gladwin was today then I certainly wouldn't have disagreed.

Has he ever played well for us? I don't remember it if he has. Shouldn't be anywhere near the starting line up for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

99% on here see it.

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      I've seen pretty much every one of his games for us, and not once have i gone away saying, yeah Gladwin did well today, or yeah, Gladwin was alright. Again, it's a shame because it's not like he doesn't put in the effort.
                      Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                      Scapegoat for what?

Fans are entitled to their opinion and let's be honest, today not only was Gladwin utter garbage, he was extremely lucky not to be sent off. Not a fan of booing our own but if someone commented about how cr*p Gladwin was today then I certainly wouldn't have disagreed.

Has he ever played well for us? I don't remember it if he has. Shouldn't be anywhere near the starting line up for me!
                      I'd love him to come good, would save us money on buying a new player.

Comment

lacks quality and panics in front of goal , rushed his shots in the watford friendly and today was reckless whilst on a yellow , i hope he comes good but don't see it as yet

Comment

Hardly a scapegoat. He had a bad game so supporters are going to pick up on that ( more so when everyone else had a good game). He's no way a winger for me. He's a no.10.

Comment

I like Gladwin in attack but in defence I feel he's a liability & not up to the running

Comment

Looks out of his depth and if you look at the game while he was on he was not really involved that much. Watched him last week and have to say he is the worst finisher I have seen for a player in that position.

Comment

Working...
                              X