Fitness levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitness levels

That's as fit and lively as I have seen us in years for the start of the season

What a difference a proper pre season and gruelling fitness schedule has. As others said probably Warnock first season was last time we started the season sharpe.

What did we play about ten pre season games in total??? That's like a quarter of a season in the legs before the first ball was kicked and it showed

Fitness levels are just as important and positive as the result

Been calling this for years. We looked lean, hungry and fit as a fiddle today, the first opening game for years. Well done JFH and the staff.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
      Been calling this for years. We looked lean, hungry and fit as a fiddle today, the first opening game for years. Well done JFH and the staff.
      First time we've looked like that since the first game in our title winning season, when we beat Barnsley 4-0. Long may it.continue.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

We actually looked so fit I feared we'd burn ourselves out. Which we didn't. Haven't had to say that for a while. Seems since getting rid of the last fitness coach we've really turned training up a notch. Great to see.

Comment

Yes, has been embarrassing watching us blowing out of our backsides over past couple of seasons. I reckon fitness and organisation goes a long way in this league...... can virtually get you in playoffs. Was impressed at how we pressed today and quickly got behind the ball with two banks of four when we lost possession, basic stuff but I'm not used to seeing us do that sort of thing much recently so was very heartening today!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
            We actually looked so fit I feared we'd burn ourselves out. Which we didn't. Haven't had to say that for a while. Seems since getting rid of the last fitness coach we've really turned training up a notch. Great to see.
            Tbh I blame harry redchap. I am pretty sure during his era, all you needed to do was keep up with him and his 1 working knee, quick jog around the pitch and back inside for fish and chips. Harry was a cancer to this football and like I've said all along, jfh well and truely deserves a chance
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Was very impressed with our overall fitness, 90 minutes and everyone was still giving their all. About time we got this team fit for the start of the season, fed up with the dire excuses we've been fed over the last 4 or 5 seasons.

Well done the coaching staff
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Fitness is HUGE imo, Gladwin is the only player who doesn't look fit (He also didn't look fit last season also) ....
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                  Fitness is HUGE imo, Gladwin is the only player who doesn't look fit (He also didn't look fit last season also) ....
                  I don't think he's fit enough to be in the starting squad.

I hope we get a replacement for him because he was the weak link.

Comment

Carl Serrant effect.
                    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      Tbh I blame harry redchap. I am pretty sure during his era, all you needed to do was keep up with him and his 1 working knee, quick jog around the pitch and back inside for fish and chips. Harry was a cancer to this football and like I've said all along, jfh well and truely deserves a chance
                      Saggy faced old chancer

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                        I don't think he's fit enough to be in the starting squad.

I hope we get a replacement for him because he was the weak link.
                        Already have... He's called yeni ngbakoto

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                          Already have... He's called yeni ngbakoto
                          Do we know if Yeni is a right or left winger?

Comment

Working...
                          X