Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting interview with Les Ferdinand on recent decisions!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting interview with Les Ferdinand on recent decisions!!

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footbal...ers/news/42910

Very interesting read. There are 3 parts with links here - http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footbal...-interview/#25

Comment

Neil came in to assist Chris. He said he didn't want to be in every day, he would come in on a Thursday and Friday, chat with Chris, come to a few games… He was never brought in to replace Chris, he was brought in to work with him. After the Derby game we released Chris, I felt it was the right time and at that point Neil said he could do the job for eight weeks. A lot of people have asked since why we didn't keep him until the end of the season. He said to me he could do the job for eight weeks. He told Tony Fernandes the same.

That gave us eight weeks to find a new manager. We spoke to 13 or 14 different managers and at no stage did Neil say he wanted to do the job to the end of the season. Had he said to me at the beginning that he could do the job to the end of the season, give us time to look for a manager for next season, I'd have gone for that.
      That should end it. Candid interview, everything out there, great read and to confirm with everyone, this is what happened and we can now end this whole discussion.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Reading through the whole of that, there are many things that are interesting and almost seem like direct answers to questions on here which is good, particularly regarding GallenGate, CW, Clint and Ale (great way to ask the question as well haha), training ground (even if only for a sentence, it just shows how difficult it is to get it done and it's not due to a lack of effort that we haven't gotten it yet, rather the idiocy of some people complaining about a pathway ffs).

I think I recall Hal questioning the existence of a plan B and I think that this proves beyond reasonable doubt that there is a desire for a plan B and perhaps that is where Conor fits in. Obviously with the Euro's coming up, it isn't ideal for players like Conor who we do want to get into the motion of training to fit the style, but at least we're seeing the desire to work with every player and get them to fit the style we want to go with, hence the release of Clint and Ale, who wouldn't work in that system of High line, high tempo.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          That should end it. Candid interview, everything out there, great read and to confirm with everyone, this is what happened and we can now end this whole discussion.
          You'll still get idiots who will swear til they're blue in the face that Les is a big fat liar.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

It's one thing saying that if Meil had said he would be prepared to do the job till the end of the season Les would have gone for it, but did he ask him to do it, as opposed to assuming he wouldn't want to?

Comment

Thanks the lord. Finally shut up the 'Neil Warnock wanted the job' conspiracy mob.

Comment

I think some people will argue why the club didn't approach Neil though.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                  I think some people will argue why the club didn't approach Neil though.
                  "A lot of people have asked since why we didn't keep him until the end of the season. He said to me he could do the job for eight weeks. He told Tony Fernandes the same."

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                    It's one thing saying that if Meil had said he would be prepared to do the job till the end of the season Les would have gone for it, but did he ask him to do it, as opposed to assuming he wouldn't want to?
                    No assumptions:

He said to me he could do the job for eight weeks. He told Tony Fernandes the same.
                    I cannot make it more clear, NW was very candid in wanting the role for 8 weeks only. He told 2 people high up the same thing, if he wanted it for the whole season, he would say. You surely can't find any way to just keep up this whole NW thing any more. The facts are right in front of us. NW said he would be here for 8 weeks until we got a new manager. Les went looking for a new manager in 8 weeks. NW made no indication of wanting it longer, LF kept the search up. LF hires new manager in 8 weeks, NW leaves as previously stated.

Comment

Lol... Even Les heard about the 'jobs for the boys'
                      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                        "A lot of people have asked since why we didn't keep him until the end of the season. He said to me he could do the job for eight weeks. He told Tony Fernandes the same."
                        I meant it as more like, people will argue that the board should have approached him about taking over longer than 8 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                          I meant it as more like, people will argue that the board should have approached him about taking over longer than 8 weeks
                          Now you're talking
                          How come he had the time and inclination to take on Rotherham?

Comment

Confirm with everyone except NW..... I'd love to hear his account. May have to wait for his book, should be an informative read.

Comment

Jheez, Some call my stats clutching at straws, never seen anything like this with NW. It's like people are covering their eyes and ears and just making random noises to avoid hearing the facts haha

Comment

Working...
                              X