Warren Farm latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren Farm latest

Campaigners protest QPR training ground move: ‘We want to keep Warren Farm for the community’

Queen’s Park Rangers Football Club’s plans to build a new training ground in Ealing continue to be bitterly opposed by campaigners.

Save Warren Farm Campaign has protested the plans for a new site on public land, claiming the move would not be environmentally-friendly nor beneficial to the community.

Video and full article: http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...-a3247331.html

think of all those picnics that won't be had....

Comment

Does any one know when a final decision is being made on This? It's dragged on for years and I thought when we won the decision at the high court that was it?

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        Does any one know when a final decision is being made on This? It's dragged on for years and I thought when we won the decision at the high court that was it?
        I think that was appealed. Last I heard the stumbling block was over the right to a footpath over the land, or some such...

Comment

Sure there must be other options out there than just this one?
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

I was told that QPR have agreed that that they will only build what's already concrete meaning there will no more building on the ground than what there is already ,
            So s w f campainers argument is pointless if that's the case , but it's still at least a couple of years away waiting for the land fill to be completed .
            But I hear Brentford are closing their accademy which is good site about a mile away that would be worth considering as an option

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
              think of all those picnics that won't be had....
              Traore and the Mad Malian spent the last three years picnicing at Harlington.....

Comment

The place has been a dump since a was a kid, we used to travel there for our games lessons. It's no different now to how it was back then, don't these people want there area to look a lot nicer?

Comment

I reckon our youth team players will be retirement age when this poxy thing gets sorted out

Comment

Not the clubs fault it's taking long, if anyone thinks they can do a better job please step forward and help out.

That's not for you Jimmy, I'm just saying.

Comment

I agree mate. Seems like we're doing what we can to get it sorted.

Comment

Travellers flying into Heathrow recently may have spotted a carefully stencilled, 60-metre message – #OurLand – stretching across open green space in west London. This giant slogan was spray painted by local campaigners in liquid chalk in response to Ealing council’s decision to give away 61 acres of public land – known as Warren Farm and worth £31.5m – to Queens Park Rangers football club.

QPR, who play in the Championship, intend to build a £2m training facility on this metropolitan open land, and in the process will drive off the local community who have used it for decades for lazy weekend strolls, local sporting events and flying model aircraft.

Read more: https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...-green-spaces?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Travellers flying into Heathrow recently may have spotted a carefully stencilled, 60-metre message – #OurLand – stretching across open green space in west London. This giant slogan was spray painted by local campaigners in liquid chalk in response to Ealing council’s decision to give away 61 acres of public land – known as Warren Farm and worth £31.5m – to Queens Park Rangers football club.

QPR, who play in the Championship, intend to build a £2m training facility on this metropolitan open land, and in the process will drive off the local community who have used it for decades for lazy weekend strolls, local sporting events and flying model aircraft.

It's like these people believe they'll get 31.5 mil if they stop us getting the land...
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

And drone training too. Maybe we should do a mission down there and change the our to #QPRLand
                            Last edited by Olly; 14-06-2016, 08:42 AM.

Comment

QPR get new date for crucial step towards training ground: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...step-11503763?

Comment

Working...
                              X