• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
    Where do you buy another Clint Hill? :(
    dont make them like that anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
      3 mistakes.
      2nd we lost concentration due to the outstanding penalty save. Two men at front post (zonal marking) let the boro boy stroll between them for the header (admittedly Angella was marking the fella, but what are the two at front post doing...)
      I can't stand all this zonal marking garbage. Defenders jump higher when on the move rather than standing still.
      Had they been marking players both goals from corners could have been prevented.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        Agreed. Rarely puts a foot wrong and is the only natural leader in the entire squad - a vital ingredient always lacking when he doesn't play.
        What a pity he is not in the side more frequently as a CB.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
          Totally agree we lack leadership,organisation and switch off far to often when Clint does not play.

Sorry but doesnt say much for the others in the back four
          It says a lot about the so called captain of the team...Onuoha. He couldn't organise a youth team defence let alone the 1st team.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            It says a lot about the so called captain of the team...Onuoha. He couldn't organise a youth team defence let alone the 1st team.
            Lol, seriously rewatch the matches. Onuoha is very much a vocal captain, emotional captain and organises the defence well. What can he do when players make mistakes, it happens, people act like no one has ever made a mistake playing alongside hill.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

More like a #### up in a brewery but each to their own never captain material
              in a hundred years

Comment

Trouble is its him that makes quite a few mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  Trouble is its him that makes quite a few mistakes
                  He does make some mistakes, but so do all our defenders, Clint included.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    He does make some mistakes, but so do all our defenders, Clint included.
                    Far less though. That's the only point being made here - and a crucial one at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                      Far less though. That's the only point being made here - and a crucial one at that.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        Lol, seriously rewatch the matches. Onuoha is very much a vocal captain, emotional captain and organises the defence well. What can he do when players make mistakes, it happens, people act like no one has ever made a mistake playing alongside hill.
                        He makes more mistakes than many of the others.
                        One of the goals was down to him losing where the forward was. Onouha played well alongside the likes of Hill and Dunne when they were guiding him.

Comment

He makes more mistakes than many of the others.
                          One of the goals was down to him losing where the forward was. Onouha played well alongside the likes of Hill and Dunne when they were guiding him.
                          And he's played well alongside Hall so I don't get the point. It isn't about the guidance but the style of play.

Comment

If people watched Ned during a game instead of following like sheep others that say he silent on pitch you will see that he is actually very vocal and spends most the game in refs ear trying in influence him. Try watching but as the saying goes if you don't want to see something right in front of your nose you won't

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              If people watched Ned during a game instead of following like sheep others that say he silent on pitch you will see that he is actually very vocal and spends most the game in refs ear trying in influence him. Try watching but as the saying goes if you don't want to see something right in front of your nose you won't
                              Most people don't want to see it here for whatever reason. It's something I've said many times as well, he's a very vocal player.

Comment

Working...
                              X