Keep strong Alan Barnes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep strong Alan Barnes!

Some bad news I'm afraid. Just been chatting to my old man who is up on the mini bus with the LSA up to Nottingham Forest tonight. The mini bus had stopped at Long Eaton and as all the boys got back on the bus to head to the game Alan was knocked over by a car. I won't go into the details but he is in a bad way. Everyone at Rangers will know Barnsey as he has been going to Rangers home and away since the 50s. The medics and police are there dealing with the situation. The boys will obviously not be going to the game tonight understandably. All staying strong for Barnsey. So many more important things in life than football and Rangers. Even if you didn't know Alan just have him in your thoughts tonight. Stay strong mate! Just on his way to watch our beloved football club.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Thoughts are with Alan tonight

Comment

Know who your talking about hope he pulls through

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
        Some bad news I'm afraid. Just been chatting to my old man who is up on the mini bus with the LSA up to Nottingham Forest tonight. The mini bus had stopped at Long Eaton and as all the boys got back on the bus to head to the game Alan was knocked over by a car. I won't go into the details but he is in a bad way. Everyone at Rangers will know Barnsey as he has been going to Rangers home and away since the 50s. The medics and police are there dealing with the situation. The boys will obviously not be going to the game tonight understandably. All staying strong for Barnsey. So many more important things in life than football and Rangers. Even if you didn't know Alan just have him in your thoughts tonight. Stay strong mate! Just on his way to watch our beloved football club.
        CHRIST!! The result tonight means nothing then. I've been on the LSA numerous times Dave and know Barnesy by sight but not really to talk to.
        I've never ever been to an R's away game where he's not there.

Dig it out Alan and get well soon
        I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

That's awful news, thanks for posting hammersmith.

Comment

Very sad to hear that, fingers crossed for Alan.

Comment

Very sad news, hope he gets the best treatment possible. Don't know the guy but from what you say he must be one of our elderly diehards.

Fingers crossed
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Terrible. Just terrible.

Comment

Oh jesus! Get well soon Alan :( horrible news!
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Sad news. Pull through mate.
                    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Very sad news indeed and we all hope he will be ok.

Comment

Lovely bloke the times I have met Alan in the past, hope he makes a full recovery.

Comment

Omg I give Alan a cuddle every time I see him,, my thoughts are with you mate
                          You Rsssssss

Comment

#### news . Sod the game hope he pulls through alright. Thoughts go out

Comment

in my thoughts, fingers crossed

Comment

Working...
                              X