Expectations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expectations

With the club retaining players we had not expected to (usual suspects) we are told the expectation is for us to be challenging for promotion. In reality this is not borne out by performances. These mega stars are mainly not producing, Austin aside and to an extent Sandro on the occasions he is fit.

In view of what the club alludes to and what we see with our own eyes what reasonably can we expect this season?

For me I can't see the club gelling unless there is a lot of activity this January and I doubt that will happen. The dressing room appears a mess and we are too unbalanced. Players don't seem motivated enough. We seem to lack the ability to grab a game by the short and curlies and dictate it. However it would unfair to say we are totally without hope. We have some good players and wouldn't take much of an improvement for us to start scraping wins and draws where we are currently drawing or losing. My own expectation is we will finish roughly where we are and I'm then hoping for an almighty clearout (akin to morning after a vindaloo) of those who don't want to be here and trying to build a team as opposed to a group of individuals who happen to wear the same colour of shirt.

Almost an afterthought but how the fark do we consistently manage to buy decent looking players and turn them into ****?

I was out with a Forest supporting mate on Friday night who was having similar woes with them. Was expecting to get knocked out of the Cup in third round but I assured him he would have to wait until the fourth round. Perked him up a bit.

plus Forest has a transfer embargo.

Comment

I agree that we're looking like a mid table team this season, and that we should clear out as many older, big dollar players as possible while seeing what we've got with Luongo, Chery, Yun, Kpekewa, and other prospects. Use this year, in other words, to learn as opposed to struggle for a meaningless, non-playoff position in the league.

Comment

To be fair we wouldn't want to get promoted this term, we'd struggle massively next season.

This season has gone, passed us by, we can only hope to prepare for next season now
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
          To be fair we wouldn't want to get promoted this term, we'd struggle massively next season.

This season has gone, passed us by, we can only hope to prepare for next season now
          Totally agree. Let's use the balance of this season to give JFH a chance to mold a team, his team, our team, to change the style of play, to inside players with a motivation to play together, instead of struggling with the anxiety of not advancing in the table.

Comment

RUUBBBIISSHH where in the name does that crap come ! we wouldn't want to get promoted Iv'e read some crap on here but that is about as stupid as it could get , we are in dross street because some of our players aren't good enough some aren't ready and most cant learn to play the one up system the great and good crave , why are we in this situation Tony allowed the money to wasted and we are SKINT BRORSIC LINT and that's what makes a mockery of that statement we wouldn't want to go up ! we cant afford not to want to go up it means big bucks wake up get real , that's just excusing the fact that we are SHlT

Comment

We are QPR after all.we don't do things to the norm and that's what makes our club both frustrating yet exciting!

Comment

Working...
              X