Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are modern day players the crux of the problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are modern day players the crux of the problem!

Wealthy beyond most of our dreams and living lavish,extravagant lifestyles and model wags too boot! Do they really care or have the desire to perform when things are not going well? Bar one or too it's a patten I think has evolved since the big money ,for me,ruined the game! Any thoughts?

Originally posted by TheLagosExpress View Post
    Wealthy beyond most of our dreams and living lavish,extravagant lifestyles and model wags too boot! Do they really care or have the desire to perform when things are not going well? Bar one or too it's a patten I think has evolved since the big money ,for me,ruined the game! Any thoughts?
    sadly I have to agree, even down the leagues average players demand money the small clubs struggle to pay. It will all end in tears
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

SKY TV money, "player pose" and Bosman have ruined the game.

Comment

Originally posted by qprdad View Post
        SKY TV money, "player pose" and Bosman have ruined the game.
        Oops - should have said "player POWER" der

Comment

It depends on the angle of your question.

If you are relating it directly to QPR then the players aren't to blame as we have been through too many and too many other clubs aren't suffering the same problems we are.

If you're asking in general then in my opinion a higher percentage are playing more for money than the enjoyment and progression than they used to, yes.

Comment

I agree and the fact clubs have no power at all.

Take the players we've had the past few years, all collected their wages and run down their contract. The club was powerless and this is what will kill football clubs and why I favour a wage cap.

10K a week is far to much, If players don't like it they can always find another job.

Think all football clubs need protection from players who don't want to play and collect money for nothing. As a result the ticket, food and drink prices go up at the ground which we fans have to pay. The only winners in the sport is the players, they don't need protecting, football clubs do as we need them more.

Comment

Rich I mean the game in general!

Comment

Then definitely it's changed but that's "thanks" to Sky. Thats where a good manager comes in. He has to be able to demand the respect of these high earners but also deal with laziness and problems where someone is earning a lot more than another. Wenger is a prime example of someone who try's to keep spending realistic but even he has failed in terms of winning trophies. I hope they win the league this year rather than city for this reason.

Comment

I wouldnt say the problem is specific to football, more of a reflection of modern society.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLagosExpress View Post
                    as an ex poster would say........................ EXCATAMONDO
                    Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                      I wouldnt say the problem is specific to football, more of a reflection of modern society.
                      Spot on greed selfishness,lack of professionalism and responsibility.

Comment

I'd say yes as even football league players are now wealthy beyond imagination.

Not much loyalty and once you sign these mega buck deals for 3/4 years your sorted for life. Even in the championship you got players earning in a week or every 2 weeks what most earn a year.

Many are spoilt and live in dream land with no self responsibility.

Comment

Not sure if you're talking about our particular predicament or football in general. Obviously it isn't a problem exclusive to QPR. For fans like myself (started going to LR in '94) and younger it's all we've known.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            Spot on greed selfishness,lack of professionalism and responsibility.
                            I would imagine being paid thousands of pounds a week to play football (nearly all of them becoming multi-millionaires many times over whilst still young men) would make anyone greedy, selfish and lacking responsibility.

Comment

the game is full of greed , how much do many of them give back i wonder , when i started coming it was 30p to get in the loft and 25p to get in the school end , i still used to bunk in over the gardens where loftus rd meets ellersie rd

Comment

Working...
                              X