Geordies want phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geordies want phillips

IMO we should snap there hands off for matty, not consistent enough does to much flash stuff and then loses the ball, if we can get our money back on him I think it was 4mill we should let him go as he's got 18 months to go on his contract, if we get more than 4mill then that's a bonus
    You Rsssssss

There desperate so should get £8mil in today's market

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
      IMO we should snap there hands off for matty, not consistent enough does to much flash stuff and then loses the ball, if we can get our money back on him I think it was 4mill we should let him go as he's got 18 months to go on his contract, if we get more than 4mill then that's a bonus
      You make some very fair pts hazza but I think I am going to have to stop you there. He certainly has been underperforming but his main asset is his delivery. He is clearly a fish out of water having to play the lone striker and he is highlighting the players we should make a priority of getting rid of in seb polter. Yes we won't get anything for him but yet another player earning free money with nothing in return. Phillips is a right winger and he needs 5 or 6 games played in this position. I just hope and pray Charlie stays fit because Matty's game is all about having Austin in the box. Let's not forget all have a fresh start and I hope to see a few key players upping their game so hold fire hazza IMO with your opinion.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Possibly worth waiting to see what effect a competent manager has on his game, both individually and within the team.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          There desperate so should get £8mil in today's market
          Exactly if they're desperate for him let them pay shouldn't take less than £7m

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            You make some very fair pts hazza but I think I am going to have to stop you there. He certainly has been underperforming but his main asset is his delivery. He is clearly a fish out of water having to play the lone striker and he is highlighting the players we should make a priority of getting rid of in seb polter. Yes we won't get anything for him but yet another player earning free money with nothing in return. Phillips is a right winger and he needs 5 or 6 games played in this position. I just hope and pray Charlie stays fit because Matty's game is all about having Austin in the box. Let's not forget all have a fresh start and I hope to see a few key players upping their game so hold fire hazza IMO with your opinion.
            This, nail on the head

Comment

Why sell a player who is clearly played out of position? With the right support he is a prem winger. A must keep in my opinion. A player JFH would love to have in his Squad, I think.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Phillips v Townsend

http://news.bwin.com/en/football-bet...unt,93510.html

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  fair point mate
                  You Rsssssss

Comment

lets see how JFH handles this surplus of midfielders before we lose the plot. if he can't find a place for luongo philips fer chery and hoilett, then and only then should we talk about selling
                    Rangers Til I Die
                    follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
                      lets see how JFH handles this surplus of midfielders before we lose the plot. if he can't find a place for luongo philips fer chery and hoilett, then and only then should we talk about selling
                      I don't even think that is possible without rotation is it? Unless Luongo is converted to some full back role. Also bear in mind the existence of Faurlin and Sandro. Having a squad with these guys available is what makes us such a good prospect and why I think we can get promoted. Selling because we can't get them all in at once goes against the project IMO.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Should be looking for 7M as an absolute minimum. Given our track record with signings we might struggle to replace him for anything less, I'd rather hold on to him than get bumped by Spurs again for Andros. I'd hold on to Philips..

If we look abroad we can easily replace him though, I'm hoping JFH gets the freedom to pick out a few players from the Dutch/Belgian leagues rather than leaving it all to Les.

Comment

We should've accepted the interest from WBA last season. 1 decent game every 5 (at best) doesn't equate to an £8million player in my opinion. As Harryboy has already alluded to, we'll look to get back what we paid for him and cut our losses. He was a gamble worth taking, but he simply hasn't improved to anything like the level many thought he would achieve. Playing on such a narrow pitch at LR doesn't help wingers either.
                          Last edited by surrey_hoop; 06-12-2015, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Sell him if we get offered £5m or more and he wants to go and buy a striker.

Comment

Philips gives his all every game and is our best attacking player in my opinion, we shouldn't be in a rush to get rid of him

Comment

Working...
                              X