38% possession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 38% possession

With 1 striker and supposed ball players in Sandro and Faurlin.

Get Brendan Rodgers in now!!!

We don't need to rush in and make an appointment,our interim manager is doing such a fine job & club are paying him till end of month.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post

Sandro is in no way a ball player. Just to say, he had the worst pass success rate of any CM in the premier league last season. Faurlin didn't get the cover he needed to spray passes around like he did against Preston. Still a good performance though thanks to his defensive qualities, same as sandro. Also, just because you have the players, doesn't mean the instructions support it. We went out there to hold out, not to keep the ball and push forward.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        Sandro is in no way a ball player. Just to say, he had the worst pass success rate of any CM in the premier league last season. Faurlin didn't get the cover he needed to spray passes around like he did against Preston. Still a good performance though thanks to his defensive qualities, same as sandro. Also, just because you have the players, doesn't mean the instructions support it. We went out there to hold out, not to keep the ball and push forward.
        I generally dont agree with to you but you are dam right on this one 38% up there is no mean feat we went for a point got within touching distance of it ,
        And had we nicked an ugly win all our would have been happy

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post

Sandro was awful. Faurlin was decent.
          C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Give samba a chance.....

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
              Sandro was awful. Faurlin was decent.
              Sandro did his job. Only Perch made more tackles than him on that pitch. Moved the ball to better players and that's it. He's got a simple but important job. There's a reason that we tend to concede without him on the pitch. With him on the pitch, we've conceded only 3 goals in 322 minutes. Less than a goal a game (1 every 111 minutes). Just think that we had conceded 3 goals against BOLTON before his return.
              Last edited by nasser95; 21-11-2015, 03:19 AM.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Sandro did his job. Only Perch made more tackles than him on that pitch. Moved the ball to better players and that's it. He's got a simple but important job. There's a reason that we tend to concede without him on the pitch. With him on the pitch, we've conceded only 3 goals in 322 minutes. Less than a goal a game (1 every 111 minutes). Just think that we had conceded 3 goals against BOLTON before his return.
                Haven't we lost 3 and drawn 1 in them minutes?
                Last edited by upperloft; 21-11-2015, 11:28 AM.
                C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Thought Sandro done decent job myself or st least what I expect of him

Comment

Not surprised at 38% possession but at the same time, Boro away was always going to be like that. Some will say negative tactics, and I hate seeing no striker start, but for this game I think it was essential. Our performance proved that. We soaked up pressure well, restricted them to next to nothing, had 2 match winning opportunity's and lost to a 93rd minute penalty.

It almost paid off. All guns blazing at home next time round.

Comment

It's a long haul to May now
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                        Not surprised at 38% possession but at the same time, Boro away was always going to be like that. Some will say negative tactics, and I hate seeing no striker start, but for this game I think it was essential. Our performance proved that. We soaked up pressure well, restricted them to next to nothing, had 2 match winning opportunity's and lost to a 93rd minute penalty.

It almost paid off. All guns blazing at home next time round.
                        Agree Jimmy, good post.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Haven't we lost 3 and drawn 1 in them minutes?
                          Won 1 in the 14 minutes against Bolton, lost 2 drawn 2 including Boro where we didn't concede while he was on the pitch.

Comment

Won 1 in the 14 minutes against Bolton, lost 2 drawn 2 including Boro where we didn't concede while he was on the pitch.
                            Do you think that is ok?
                            C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Do you think that is ok?
                              It's not his job to score the goals for us to win games, its his job for us not to concede and given our previous record, 3 goals in 322 minutes is a godsend.

Comment

Working...
                              X