Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone ever see QPR play at White City Stadium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good history write up here. If only we had a winning team at the time we would still be there today.

http://www.qprnet.com/index.php/feat...e-city-stadium

Comment

Saw a handful of games and cannot remember one game, who won, who played and who against. All I can remember is the large cavern of a walkway underneath the seating/terracing. And getting a cold harris sitting on the concrete as there was nobody to block your view. Have better memories of the athletics there. The athletes used to run round the walkway for warming up. How the world has moved on.
      Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

was taken there by my dad and brothers was very young used to live in the area can remember the Westway before it was built big grass verge down the middle

Comment

My Dad and Uncle used to go, said it was empty, poor atmosphere and miles from the pitch and were gladwhen they went back to Loftus Rd, my only memory was walking past it, late 70's early 80's before it got knocked down and BBC offices built there.
          It would have been a handy bit of land for a new stadium as it's turned out.

Comment

My Dad and Uncle used to go, said it was empty, poor atmosphere and miles from the pitch and were gladwhen they went back to Loftus Rd, my only memory was walking past it, late 70's early 80's before it got knocked down and BBC offices built there.
            It would have been a handy bit of land for a new stadium as it's turned out.

Comment

yes

yes im 61 so watched qpr from 58-59 season and it really was huge inside but no atmospere whith hardly any fans it was a horrible exsperience not very nice
              Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

went to the dogs in their it really was a big stadium , saw quite a few away fans getting lamped outside as a kid

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                  yes im 61 so watched qpr from 58-59 season and it really was huge inside but no atmospere whith hardly any fans it was a horrible exsperience not very nice
                  that would have made you 3 yrs old when you went, get a grip man
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                    that would have made you 3 yrs old when you went, get a grip man
                    been taking my youngest since he was 2

Comment

As it stands at the moment I can't see us reaching the dizzy hights of last season

Comment

Comment

Before my time but remember girls from school going to see David cassidy there.
                          My memory of the actual stadium is the wall that had "you'll never make the station" written on it, was for the away fans who used to be on that side of the road and us on other with a thin line of police in the middle, clashed there with Cardiff one night, think we beat them 3-0.
                          Not sure if the writing was on the stadium wall or if the stadium was behind the wall with writing on it, just remember the stadium being a big dark gloomy looking place.

Comment

Yes I was there & didn’t like it as too far away from pitch, remember us beating Hinckley in fa Cup 7-1! Yes a cup win!

Comment

Working...
                            X