Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
    tbf all football supporters are the same
    to an extent i see your point. but the toxic atmosphere at the end and some of the songs we sang toward the end there, while still mid table, may not be easily found up and down this country

#aSpecialbunch
    Rangers Til I Die
    follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
      Cant see it think he'll wait for a job in the Prem to come up, also not so sure he'll want to work under a DOF may want the final say on things and that may rule him out
      Moyes is about as forward thinking you can get as a British Manager. He ran the most detailed data analysis in all of the prem for most of his years at Everton which brought him success and was happy staying at Sociedad when they have a DOF (they call it a sporting director). I really don't get this whole 'big manager wants all the say in everything' The real managers of modern football would have no issue and would welcome the support of a DOF.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        A proven record of one prem promotion?
        Yes, and as I said in my post keeping Leicester up the next season. Not too many of those available.
        I'm not saying he doesn't have other issues but what are we looking for at QPR, Champions league winners, Premiership winners? We have to cut our cloth and be realistic about who we can get in.

Comment

Moyes is about as forward thinking you can get as a British Manager. He ran the most detailed data analysis in all of the prem for most of his years at Everton which brought him success and was happy staying at Sociedad when they have a DOF (they call it a sporting director). I really don't get this whole 'big manager wants all the say in everything' The real managers of modern football would have no issue and would welcome the support of a DOF.
          also, many on here moan about this DOF job being the first for Les, and him being inexperienced.

so I add, if Les was clever he would take a step back and not try to "boss around" an experienced manager like Moyes (or Pearson) if he came in. for the footballing aspects like game preparation, squad selection, and tactics, just put your head down and let Moyes do that job.
          Doesn't mean he can't be his boss, and can't lead a successful transfer window signing more of the likes of Grant Hall and Luongo. just because its football, doesn't mean it can't work as a non-combative relationship
          Rangers Til I Die
          follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

We on this board just don't like managers - period
            Since 1997 we don't like Houstun, R Harford, Dowie, Waddock, M Harford, De Canio, Sousa, Magilton, Hart, Hughes, Redknapp or Ramsey
            We don't like Warburton, Moyes; Pearson, Mourinho or any other name mentioned
            Best idea is not to have a manager at all - nameless committee select the team, buys players and so on - problem solved

Comment

Really can,t see Moyes at Rangers , you have to look at our set up with Les and maybe another above him, don't think he would agree to that , i think we will look for a coach that would work with others not a manager that would want overall control.

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                Since 1997 we don't like Houstun, R Harford, Dowie, Waddock, M Harford, De Canio, Sousa, Magilton, Hart, Hughes, Redknapp or Ramsey
                Best idea is not to have a manager at all - nameless committee select the team, buys players and so on - problem solved
                Warnock forever then?

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                  Warnock forever then?
                  I was thinking Dowie who has the highest percentage of any QPR manager according to Wikipedia - Is he alive.

Comment

I was thinking Dowie who has the highest percentage of any QPR manager according to Wikipedia - Is he alive.
                    I hope not....

Only joking, long live King Dowie.

Comment

Lets see?

Comment

A proven record of one prem promotion?
                        Pearson has done a lot more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Pearson has done a lot more than that.
                          Not really, he got promoted from league 1 once with Leicester, and one promotion to prem. 2 play offs but he didn't get them up either time and 2 months of solid football for a whole season kept his team in the prem.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I Want to be on that committee !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                              I Want to be on that committee !!!!
                              ssssh - don't tell anyone - you will be hated in here

Comment

What are you banging on about?
                                Plenty of threads with posts in saying they'd like Pearson/Moyes/Lambert/Rodgers/Hasselbaink/Warnock and Derry/Holloway...we aren't all going to agree on a manager are we?
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2