No announcement yet.

Good piece on Moyes for QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why all the hatred for Pearson? I don't get it. We're looking for a manager with a proven track record in winning promotion and just as crucially staying up. What more do we want?

Comment

Hes actually a bigger favourite to join Fulham than us at 5/1.

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
        Why all the hatred for Pearson? I don't get it. We're looking for a manager with a proven track record in winning promotion and just as crucially staying up. What more do we want?
        Think it's because he comes across as a bit of an ######## mate. Tbh I think he is, but so long as he behaved himself (like Warnock has and continues to do so), I'd be happy with Pearson.

Comment

Agreed. And why all the passion for Moyes? He just got sacked by Real Sociedad for failing to improve them after a year there, and many say they've gone backwards. And of course he failed - probably inevitably - but he did fail at Utd. Yes he did well at Everton, but it always seemed like that was it, he could take them no further. A reasonably capable manager, whose teams were never that exciting, who will be looking for a role in the premier league.

Comment

Pearson and Moyes are very similar imo, no nonsense and very organised. Lack charisma but they tend to do very decent jobs. Would be happy with either but if both wanted it I would opt for Moyes because of the stellar job he done at Everton.

Comment

Would rather Pearson than Moyes because IMO, Moyes would see us as a stepping stone to get back into the PL - first PL job comes up and he'd be out of here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                Moyes makes a good fit for the Swans imo
                don't see it personally... moyes' style doesn't fit with swansea's football philosophy.

doubt moyes would relish the championship either... probably thinks that a prem club will come calling sooner or later (and he's probably right about that).

Comment

Would be upset if he chose the Fools over us, he is a good manager but would he consider dropping down the league to manage us?

1000% better choice than Nigel (I'm a hard nut) Pearson
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

More chance of David Essex.

Comment

Never in million years would a decent manager come here - if he reads this forum.
                      But Moyes would be a perfect fit expecially regarding the owner who need a strong man at the helm.

Another thing in the article they talk about it’s a jumble of high-priced veterans and youngsters
                      Now who are the high priced veterans - Green - Henry and Hill?

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                        Agreed. And why all the passion for Moyes? He just got sacked by Real Sociedad for failing to improve them after a year there, and many say they've gone backwards. And of course he failed - probably inevitably - but he did fail at Utd. Yes he did well at Everton, but it always seemed like that was it, he could take them no further. A reasonably capable manager, whose teams were never that exciting, who will be looking for a role in the premier league.
                        not sure its passion. imo, would Moyes over/rather than Pierson, but not as my top choice.
                        Rangers Til I Die
                        follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

more importantly on the piece tho:

The owner that selects Moyes as their next manager needs to be patient and understanding of his process. Moyes is at his best as a builder.
                          has he ever met our fans though? most bipolar, impatient bunch in the country!
                          Rangers Til I Die
                          follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
                            more importantly on the piece tho:

has he ever met our fans though? most bipolar, impatient bunch in the country
                            !
                            tbf all football supporters are the same

Comment

A proven record of one prem promotion?
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Cant see it think he'll wait for a job in the Prem to come up, also not so sure he'll want to work under a DOF may want the final say on things and that may rule him out

Comment

Working...
                                X