Best team performance of the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amusant View Post
    Don't get too excited - similar comments were spread all over the boards when Ramsay took over from Harry .........and besides which did I go to a different match today - it was dull as dishwater
    Must have watched a different game. That performance showed how football should be played at this level. Pure quality all over the pitch from us. Unfortunately, came up against 12 men instead of 11.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
      Please play nice.
      Sure thing. Would help if the fella read a post before commenting. I specifically said performance and that we didn't have a shot on goal.....

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
        Don't get too excited - similar comments were spread all over the boards when Ramsay took over from Harry .........and besides which did I go to a different match today - it was dull as dishwater
        Exactly. Preston could of nicked it late aswell if Green didn't save that header.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
          Chances as in chances to score. As in on target. If you don't shoot on target you don't score Nasser don't know if you know that?
          And if you don't shoot, you can't get a shot on target. If you don't pass, you can't shoot. If you don't tackle you can't get the ball to play a pass. This can go back miles to be honest. If you only look inside the box, you ignore everything else that is good about the team.

Also, you can score if you don't shoot on target, its called a deflection. Just gonna put that out there because your statement is factually incorrect.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Exactly. Preston could of nicked it late aswell if Green didn't save that header.
            And we should have had it if we got a deserved pen and they went down to 10.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              And if you don't shoot, you can't get a shot on target. If you don't pass, you can't shoot. If you don't tackle you can't get the ball to play a pass. This can go back miles to be honest. If you only look inside the box, you ignore everything else that is good about the team.

Also, you can score if you don't shoot on target, its called a deflection. Just gonna put that out there because your statement is factually incorrect.
              If we're talking own goals then yes you are correct

Comment

First half we were good without testing the keeper but second half I thought was awful. I think that's more to do with Preston playing for the draw and time wasting at every opportunity which I suppose you can't blame them as a point away to us they probably consider very good.

Comment

We did create chances though, we had 8 shots should have had a penalty and they should have been down to 10 men. I'm not trying to call you out here but were you at the game out of curiosity?
                  Should, ifs and buts. That's been your story this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                    Should, ifs and buts. That's been your story this season.
                    Actually if I was going to define it in 3 words, I'd go with: Facts, Stats, Positivity.

That works for me. Here's one fact: The referee was absolute cack. Here's another one: we had 8 shots and created chances.

Comment

Sorry I can't have my opinion, you can play aswell as you like if you don't create chances then we ain't going no where. Mug
                      But we were creating twenty chances a game (eg v MK Dons). I don't recall many cartwheels then.

Comment

And we should have had it if we got a deserved pen and they went down to 10.
                        Don't recall pen shout?????

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                          But we were creating twenty chances a game (eg v MK Dons). I don't recall many cartwheels then.
                          Exactly, some people just need something to complain about.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Don't recall pen shout?????
                            Hoilett brought down in the box to my recollection seemed like a big pen shout.

Comment

Match thread highlights it in the 56th minute.

Comment

Exactly, some people just need something to complain about.
                                I commend the performance today. I thought we were absolute pants against MKD

Comment

Working...
                                X