Goals Scored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goals Scored

Just thought i would post this thread as every other thread has a comment knocking Ramsey or everyone else at the club for the amount of goals we concede. "youth team coach" "do we actually do defending on training" and the such.

However, are people actually aware we have scored the most goals in the league? Would have thought that given our poor scoring record previously, Ramsey has done a great job in turning that round? Ok Austin has a few, but nice to see the goals being spread around as-well.

Does this just sum out the general negativity on here that in every thread defending is bought up, but cant actually remember anyone saying anything about our scoring record.

Makes for far better watching and give me a 4-3 any day over a 1-0.

Also seems to make light of this argument that people were demanding 2 up front and we "go at teams". How much more gun-ho do people want to be?

Whilst I agree 4-3 is more entertaining than 1-0, our defending is appalling and the worst in the division and if that carries on we will be nearer the bottom than the top. Yes we will out score some sides but you cannot carry on shipping over 2 goals per game and it is not healthy situation that our Goalkeeper who was bought in to basically replace Green has let in 5 goals this afternoon in an under 21 game, however we dress it up.
    I want Ramsey to succeed and prove all us doubters wrong and I will love it if he does but the defensive situation is a little alarming and will Smithies gain any confidence from today should he be thrust into the Birmingham game for any reason.
    We have shipped 6 at City, 5 at Leicester and 4 at Fulham within our last 8 away games as well as at least 2 goals in every home game this season, that cannot be brushed under the carpet, there is most certainly an issue.

Comment

It's not the amount of goals we concede but the fact that we look like we have no system and style of play, and the players don't really know what they are supposed to be doing. Which in turn leads to us conceding shed loads.

We have the best attacking 6 players in the league by a country mile so are always going to score enough.

Kind of reminds me of when Ossie Ardiles had a crack at management at Tottingham years ago

Comment

To the op.

I can't help but have noticed that you have a word missing from your user name.
        Ramsey is god - awful.!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
          To the op.

I can't help but have noticed that you have a word missing from your user name.
          Ramsey is god - awful.!!!
          God-awful - who even says that?

Comment

excellent, so the "most goals scored in the league" thread mainly has people having digs at ramsey

We score goals - Pure fluke and its the individuals performance causing it.
            Concede goals - managers fault, must be the system and his coaching.

You couldnt make it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
              excellent, so the "most goals scored in the league" thread mainly has people having digs at ramsey

You couldnt make it up.
              Only on WATRB. Unreal
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

You couldnt make it up.
                Full of simpletons, this forum.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

You couldnt make it up.
                  Have you ever flicked to kick?
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Hhhmm I see we have scored 18 goals .....but it just doesn't look that great when you see the number 20 next to it for goals conceded.
                    Which also puts us as top of the pile.Only team in the top 11 & who have scored over 15 gls to be in minus gd too.
                    Lets hope the goals keep flowing at one end and dry up at the other

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      Full of simpletons, this forum.
                      Hey Ginger why am I a simpleton ? Really think that is pretty rude just because I think we should defend better ! So I am simple because I don't agree with the poster, don't think I was rude in my post and I am certainly not simple !

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                        Hey Ginger why am I a simpleton ? Really think that is pretty rude just because I think we should defend better ! So I am simple because I don't agree with the poster, don't think I was rude in my post and I am certainly not simple !
                        No because you won't give fair respect to the manager for creating an attacking balance when you will happily criticise him for the shoddy defending. Its about fairness in this case.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          No because you won't give fair respect to the manager for creating an attacking balance when you will happily criticise him for the shoddy defending. Its about fairness in this case.
                          Really don't think there is any call for plain rudeness just because you have a different opinion to someone else but obviously I am simple so i don't understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                            Really don't think there is any call for plain rudeness just because you have a different opinion to someone else but obviously I am simple so i don't understand it.
                            Make your mind up, you just said you wasn't simple!

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post

No1 is saying we are great defending, but if you want to rip into Ramsey for the defending record, then you also need to give credit for the offensive side of the game we play.

Comment

Working...
                              X