No announcement yet.

Gladwin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outstanding for the first 30 minutes for us today. Very hot and cold after that. You seem to have coached all the shooting ability out of him! Glad to have him back though, with 10 players out injured.

Comment

Originally posted by swindon1879 View Post
      Outstanding for the first 30 minutes for us today. Very hot and cold after that. You seem to have coached all the shooting ability out of him! Glad to have him back though, with 10 players out injured.
      You can have the other one back as well. Can't see the fuss about our luango. Too lightweight for centre midfield and can't shoot for toffee for number 10. No surprise a huge improvement with fer and Sandro back in the squad the gamble hasn't paid off on the league 2 players
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        You can have the other one back as well. Can't see the fuss about our luango. Too lightweight for centre midfield and can't shoot for toffee for number 10. No surprise a huge improvement with fer and Sandro back in the squad the gamble hasn't paid off on the league 2 players
        Hahahahaha... Oh and did I forget hahahaha

You would get rid of luongo? Thankfully you are largely on your own... I'm sure you preferred the likes of BAE, Park, Cisse, SWP et al over coaching and improving young league 1 players... My god some fellas never learn.. Thank god the club has!!

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
          Hahahahaha... Oh and did I forget hahahaha

You would get rid of luongo? Thankfully you are largely on your own... I'm sure you preferred the likes of BAE, Park, Cisse, SWP et al over coaching and improving young league 1 players... My god some fellas never learn.. Thank god the club has!!
          Why bring up those other waste of spaces. The fact that he played in league 1 is irrelevant but the fact that he is just not very good isn't. Thanks for your words of wisdom though! Also I am not anti Ramsey. We've had poor scouting for decades
          Last edited by WeAreQPR12; 10-10-2015, 08:46 PM.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            What a load of old tosh.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              What a load of old tosh.
              Not complete tosh Ginge they might come good but we dont have the luxury of being in the waiting game , Liverpool of old used to sign players from the lower leagues ie Rush Lawrenson etc put them in the training prog for a couple of years Spurs signed Walker Rose plus other from lower leagues a couple of years later they are 1st team squad players , in our case the DOF is trying to mimic this but can you use potential on a regular basis in the Championship I'm not so sure some might even call ### a day dream believer

Comment

Luongo and Gladwin both need time, Luongo's energy is a good thing but his finishing is terrible against both Blackburn and Fulham, that is something that can be improved upon though. They will come good if given the time which we do have. Patience is needed as the amount of player turnover in the past 5 years is ridiculous (i know some was because we got promoted, stayed, relegated, promoted, relegated).

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  What a load of old tosh.
                  Yep, nothing like giving someone a fair chance eh! Way to early to be writing both of theses players off but then, that is typical of the short term view these days.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                    Not complete tosh Ginge they might come good but we dont have the luxury of being in the waiting game , Liverpool of old used to sign players from the lower leagues ie Rush Lawrenson etc put them in the training prog for a couple of years Spurs signed Walker Rose plus other from lower leagues a couple of years later they are 1st team squad players , in our case the DOF is trying to mimic this but can you use potential on a regular basis in the Championship I'm not so sure some might even call ### a day dream believer
                    I meant his assessment of Luongo. He's definitely been one of our better signings imo.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

These 2 and other young players that have been brought in do need more time but not necessarely in the 1st team imo they willl come good ,Gladwin and Poltier Luongo and Chery are being judged to early they have been asked to step in because LF has applied his cost cutting to soon a couple of senior loans to allow these youngsters a bit more time may be untill january to adjust might have been helpful instead of asking them to play on regular basis certainly in the case of Luongo and Chery who has seen his self subbed more often than not which doesn't help
                      Last edited by dogsrrs; 12-10-2015, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Luongo has been decent so far. His best position is in an area where we have a lot of competition. He needs more discipline for a holding role but he can play it.

Gladwin can't be judged to be fair. One and half games? He doesnt have luxury of playing in any other position other than the ones we have lots of competition in.
                        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                        Lovejoy: "No?!"
                        Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
                          Luongo has been decent so far. His best position is in an area where we have a lot of competition. He needs more discipline for a holding role but he can play it.

Gladwin can't be judged to be fair. One and half games? He doesnt have luxury of playing in any other position other than the ones we have lots of competition in.
                          Gladwin has been unfortunate to come up against people like Chery out wide left and then in the attacking midfield role, Luongo and Fer have been doing that, leaving him without a real position.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post

The question is then, why did we sign Gladwin if there is already competition there?
                            C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                              The question is then, why did we sign Gladwin if there is already competition there?
                              bit of competition for places and so we have a squad for the season. Nothing wrong with Gladwin going on loan for a month to get some confidence and match sharpness back. Not quite as easy as saying "give him a chance", because then you would most probably have to drop Chery.

I'm not writing him off at all, just been a bit disappointed with what i have seen as got the impression when he signed, he would be this big winger beating people and chipping in with goals, but his play so far doesnt seem to show that. Hopefully he turns it on at swindon and comes back refreshed and ready to fight for his spot.

Comment

And i didnt even bother responding to those saying Luongo is no good.

Ridiculous statements made from Armchair fans as anyone at games can see he has been one of our most consistent performers this year. Hes on the Ballon'dor list!! (last bit in jest)

Comment

Working...
                                X