No announcement yet.

Papering over the cracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not for me either. Very fortunate were so poor and even then we only just about sneaked over the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
      No your'e on the money there Herts , the players have bought Ramsey more time but the trueth is he cant deserve any credit for the pluses that came out of the game as the pluse came out of accident rather than design

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        This. Fer, Chery and Jet give hope. As does the footballer that is Sandro. But anyone who pairs Kelvin and T osser hasn't a clue. And that f acking, woeful embarrassment of a defence...... Jesus Christ. Hall, if poor, is the only one who was halfway decent.
        Agree. Thick paper but paper just the same. JET will be stuck on wing when Charlie is back.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
          Agree. Thick paper but paper just the same. JET will be stuck on wing when Charlie is back.
          If I am paying to watch park football with two exceptions I don't know whether I can continue to go
          under the current regime of consolidation and negativity really the club is so flat and spouting such
          a load of rubbish.

Really shows a lack of respect for fans and ambition especially for the younger supporters.

As others have stated we won more by luck than judgement,i am glad we won but I don't
          see any playing philosophy ,style or plan and the people at the club that make the big decisions
          should really think hard about the message they are putting out to the fans.

As I have said don't think this is going to happen because Ramsey is bulletproof and
          things will have to get much much worse before any action is taken as with HR last season.
          and we know how that ended

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
            If I am paying to watch park football with two exceptions I don't know whether I can continue to go
            under the current regime of consolidation and negativity really the club is so flat and spouting such
            a load of rubbish.

Really shows a lack of respect for fans and ambition especially for the younger supporters.

As others have stated we won more by luck than judgement,i am glad we aon but I don't
            see any playing philosophy ,style or plan and the people at the club that make the big decisions

As I have said don't think this is going to happen because Ramsey is bulletproof and
            things will have to get much much worse before any action is taken as with HR last season.
            Agree your points but we'll keep coming 'cos it's our club....and I've seen worse here!

Comment

Agree your points but we'll keep coming 'cos it's our club....and I've seen worse here!
              Don't forget we are only X points of play off etc

Comment

Originally posted by Burnside View Post
                Don't forget we are only X points of play off etc
                Three off third and five off second.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  a load of rubbish.

As others have stated we won more by luck than judgement,i am glad we won but I don't

I don't think you should talk for younger fans because as a young fan, I can tell you that I absolutely loved that game.

Saying that judgement didn't win us that game is clutching at straws because there was definitely judgement in keeping JET on for 90 minutes when everyone around me said he looked dead including myself. I saw a playing philosophy developing but it didn't happen often enough because the defence didn't seem comfortable on the ball and just booted it up.

The people at the club are showing faith, something certain fans could do with having.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Hopefully we will see Sandro and Fer start every week and then maybe there will be no cracks to paper over.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                      Hopefully we will see Sandro and Fer start every week and then maybe there will be no cracks to paper over.
                      No we aint allowed to have any cracks. Only the teams below us must have cracks and the ones above should have cracks.

Comment

The positives are that the team didn't give up and fought hard even when we were ves, so at least a semblance of a winning mentality is there, even if we dont have any ####ingcoherant defensive organisation or strategy, and cant name our best back 4.

Also we have attacking players who know how to find the net which is nice.

Wont go over all the negatives as they have all been covered in this forum and this thread.

Comment

Our defense is about as coherent and organised as my last post

Comment

Originally posted by Superhoop Jim View Post
                            The positives are that the team didn't give up and fought hard even when we were ves, so at least a semblance of a winning mentality is there, even if we dont have any ####ingcoherant defensive organisation or strategy, and cant name our best back 4.

Also we have attacking players who know how to find the net which is nice.

Wont go over all the negatives as they have all been covered in this forum and this thread.
                            If we could sort the defence out I think there is an exciting season ahead

Comment

Yes I have seen worse also but with far inferior players than we have on our books at the moment on paper anyway.

Comment

Thats a fact

Comment

Working...
                                X