X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferdinand urges QPR fans to give Ramsey time

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/f...ve-ramsey-time

How much time does this clown need?

Its not about results, its about the fact that in 26 games I dont see any strategy under Ramsey, I dont see any potential that makes me think we have a good manager here that needs time.

The problem is with our club is everything is so amateurish, from the owner who lacks the ruthlessness to know when to pull the trigger on useless managers or when to put his foot down on transfer decisions. To a director of football who despite making promising signings is still a rookie in this field. To a manager who is basically a youth team coach, another Steve Kean.

Funny that, Fernandes himself is on borrowed time. He likes Ramsey so much, let him move on and take Ramsey along to take charge of whatever next disastrous sporting venture he has his beady eyes on.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

For those unable to view links, here are Ferdinand's quotes:

By David McIntyre 30/09/2015

“It’s about patience. It’s about consolidation. People were getting excited and thinking that we’re going to shoot straight back up. We’ve got no divine right to do that. As much as we’d love to do that, it’s about patience, about time, about getting the right personnel, and people learning about the new philosophy of the club.

I spoke at the start of the season and said that this season would be about consolidation for us. Now we’ve kept Charlie and Matty, everyone thinks we’re automatically going to go back up. It’s changed the game in terms of people’s perceptions in that many are thinking that we’ve kept those two so should go and win the league.

But we’ve brought 14 new faces into this football club and got rid of 16. It takes time to gel. Charlie and Matty are very good players and are assets for this club, but there are other faces who have come in. We’re doing our best to get things right. At no stage have we ever said that we’re going to be going straight back up.”

QPR’s record under Ramsey:
      Played 26
      Won 7
      Drawn 5
      Lost 14

Ferdinand previously predicted that ex-Tottenham youth coach Ramsey’s lack of managerial experience would be cited by critics should Rangers stumble.

While admitting that “no manager is safe” and that QPR’s owners “weren’t going to tell me it was a great performance at Fulham”, Ferdinand believes Ramsey will be given time.

“It’s about results, I understand that. I also understand that Chris isn’t a household name and we live in an instant society at the moment where people want instant results and when they don’t get them they start calling for managers to go. Chris is as disappointed as any supporter was on Friday night. We all were. We know that’s not the standard we want to set at this football club.

Unfortunately we gave a performance in front of our fans and on the TV that wasn’t acceptable. It’s up to us to make sure that changes. We’re in this together and are trying to do the right thing for Queens Park Rangers. We knew at the start of the season what it was going to be like.”

Comment

Oh yeh give him time? because he employed him and shows how inept the DOF is by giving someone who had no experience in management a job a3year contract?, and it would make him look what he is an inept DOF ,T.F. Needs to grow a pair and get rid of these 2 clowns now, before too much damage is done, The DOF is correct we don't have a Devine right to go back up but the supporters deserve to have a manager that should be able to motivate and know what he's doing, and we don't!!!!! , the reason our DOF won't sack him is because any manager worth his sort won't work under a DOF and that means he's gone too, well I hope it's sooner rather than later, that they're both gone,
        Last edited by dave58; 30-09-2015, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
          Oh yeh give him time? because he employed him and shows how inept the DOF is by giving someone who had no experience in management a job a3year contract?, and it would make him look what he is an inept DOF ,T.F. Needs to grow a pair and get rid of these 2 clowns now, before too much damage is done, The DOF is correct we don't have a Devine right to go back up but the supporters deserve to have a manager that should be able to motivate and know what he's doing, and we don't!!!!! , the reason our DOF won't sack him is because any manager worth his sort won't work under a DOF and that means he's gone too, well I hope it's sooner rather than later, that they're both gone,
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            Ferdinand previously predicted that ex-Tottenham youth coach Ramsey’s lack of managerial experience would be cited by critics should Rangers stumble.
            Pure genius. I predict that my lack of rocket-building experience will be cited by critics should my Moon Rocket One crash immediately after takeoff in my backyard.
            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
              Pure genius. I predict that my lack of rocket-building experience will be cited by critics should my Moon Rocket One crash immediately after takeoff in my backyard.
              But Kirill “It’s about patience. It’s about consolidation"
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Let's hope next year they don't trot out all the cliches about getting back to basics, club has to rebuild blah blah to get back to C'ship!

Comment

It's about time we got a response isn't it , when will these people learn our response wasn't about getting beat is was about manner of our defeat
                  Last edited by dogsrrs; 30-09-2015, 12:32 PM.

Comment

It is hard to disagree with a lot of what Les says there though. I think we would have been better off selling Charlie and Matty etc as the expectation has now changed.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                      It is hard to disagree with a lot of what Les says there though. I think we would have been better off selling Charlie and Matty etc as the expectation has now changed.
                      No Captain, always aim for the top. If you fail it shouldn't be for the want of trying. I hate sales shiite but it's true that 'if you fail to aim, you aim to fail'.

Comment

That's the kiss of death.... The vote of confidence. Must have been aware we applauded Chery and sang that song....

Comment

Les says things like it's always been about consolidation and that fans' expectations were raised because we kept hold of players but Charlie was on the podcast last Thursday saying anything less than top 6 is a failure with this squad. Maybe the club needs to address what line it takes in terms of PR and be consistent. Can't blame the fans for wanting promotion when players are saying anything less is a failure.

Comment

What i dont really understand is, why consolidation has to be our aim? On paper we have one of the best squads in the league, we pay around the highest wages. Its not like we are a Burnley who have just exceeded everyones expectations and been promoted to the premier league.

What Les should have said is implement a philosophy, a strategy, like southampton did, swansea, even wigan.

Comment

What a load of nonsense. If you're not in it to win it, don't go in it in the first place.

Fans can take defeats, christ we're used to it by now. We can take losing seasons. What we can't take is half arsed, highly paid clueless non-event performances which highlight the fact that the Manager hasn't a scooby what he is doing.

Everyone would rally round if it looked like we were heading in the right direction, but are we? The definition of madness is doing something that doesn't work and continuing to do it. That's where we are right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X