Does Ramsay know how to play at home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Ramsay know how to play at home?

As the pain of defeat sinks in the biggest worry for me isn't Green's howler. These things happen in every game ( ok maybe not quite that bad) but teams react to it with changes of tactic. We seemed literally clueless and leaderless. The stats show that we barely threatened them for most of the game. Seems to me that our best performances in the Ramsay era have all been away. Do we have the opposite problem to when Harry was in charge?

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
    As the pain of defeat sinks in the biggest worry for me isn't Green's howler. These things happen in every game ( ok maybe not quite that bad) but teams react to it with changes of tactic. We seemed literally clueless and leaderless. The stats show that we barely threatened them for most of the game. Seems to me that our best performances in the Ramsay era have all been away. Do we have the opposite problem to when Harry was in charge?
    Totally agree. More than willing to let this one go , anyone can have a bad day at the office. BUT our performances at home have largely been appalling over the ramsey era. One up front at home with 2 holding midfielders is not the one. The football is boring and we are consistantly being out played and out muscled. Players look scared of the ball, there is no leadership, no one wants to grab the game by the scruff of the neck. As the home side its your job to take the game to the opponant were not playing man city for #### sake. Everyone in this league wants to beat us and we have got to deal with being a big scalp at this level. Will hopefully see marked improvements on wednesady because lets be honest that was absolutly vile football. We looked shot to #### against cardiff and did our level best to let rotherham back into it. Something needs to change when we play at home for sure

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
      Think you have made a valid point, we've conceded 6 at home in 3 games. Today's hoofball to a hopelessly out gunned Charlie was ridiculous.
      Someone suggested 2 up top at home, maybe 433.
      Remember CR saying 4231 is not rigid and morfs into 451, and 433, but today we were completely outplayed

Comment

CR is no manager playing at home we look like the away side, the sooner we get Sandra and fer fit also Farlington they should be straight in the side, Henry should be on the bench at best, also Tower should only be a back up, Perch had a couple of decent runs forward but he is to lightweight. We struggled to beat Huddersfield and we will struggle against any half decent side with this numty in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Discodroid
          Please Mr Ramsey, do not pick this placebo ever again.
          We've no one else 'til the loan window.... unless you'd rather Hoilett there!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop-du-Jour View Post
            We've no one else 'til the loan window.... unless you'd rather Hoilett there!
            How about Sandro and Faurlin ten times better than Henry and Tozer has the right name those two have to come into the side when fit but CR has sh*t in his eyes.

Comment

You just don't like Konchesky's public image, do you Droid?

Comment

If you are appointing a novice, maybe we should have had an older head as his number 2, not another novice? Just a thought.

Comment

thought konchesky played ok , the biggest problem we have is we don't move the ball fwd quickly enough as a team , we have 2 great passes then some fool will pass it back to the full back who in turn will give it to green or just lump it up field . how often do we sit back and admire teams as we did forest in the 1st half today . there was no atmosphere because of the dire football being served up on the pitch

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                    thought konchesky played ok , the biggest problem we have is we don't move the ball fwd quickly enough as a team , we have 2 great passes then some fool will pass it back to the full back who in turn will give it to green or just lump it up field . how often do we sit back and admire teams as we did forest in the 1st half today . there was no atmosphere because of the dire football being served up on the pitch
                    Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
                      If you are appointing a novice, maybe we should have had an older head as his number 2, not another novice? Just a thought.
                      Like Forest have Freedman and Lennie Lawrence ! Was impressed with their tactics today they had us on back foot for a lot of the game pushing on our full backs. Then he subbed his sub whilst we brought on Gladwin ? CR definitely struggling with playing at LR sets us up as an away side.

Comment

Freeman subbed a sub and won the game!

Comment

Oh and Ramsey does talk a load of old macaroni, he went mad about Toilett afree the league cup defeat and i thought that was him done with mugging us off in our team, and then he goes and adds him in the squad today

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            Freeman subbed a sub and won the game!
                            Good managing it definitely won the game for them
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Discodroid
                              mate, if we have to play a holding midfielder, which i very much doubt at home in this division, then id rather Doughty.Henrys got the touch of Denis nilson at a youth disco. Utter utter Carrion.
                              I got that totally wrong, thought you were on about Perch being carrion! As for Henry, well, my dead mother in law could do a better job

Comment

Working...
                              X