Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lube Me View Post
    You can look at it both ways.

Got us promoted, gave me the best football day out i have ever had, had as many managers in his tenure as we had in about 3 months under the previous owner.

He hasnt actually screwed you over at all has he. How much has he cost you? he reduced season ticket prices, kept them at a reasonable level when other would have increased. He took a gamble, that by buying big name players they would propel us up the league and thus the money follows. Too many people happy to settle for mediocrity, at least he gave it a go and will continue to in the future.
    I used to look at it this way, i dont anymore unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
      I think its mainly because he has always said 'the buck stops with me'. There are other factors for his poor tenure but he is head honcho IMO and therefore should carry the can. I'm glad Les has now come in to rescue it!
      And to be fair, that will prove to be the best thing tf has ever done for this club. So right now is a wrong time to coat him imo. Hes finally worked it out, and done the right thing, and let someone who knows football run the gaff.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbourne21 View Post
        I agree it not good but I think the team Ramsey put out should have won not with ease but won , for me this has a little bit of ramsey saying too the board look need a few players as our squad is not quite there , also it shown Ramsey maybe cox and furlong need to be loaned out for the season so he probably got a lot more answers in defeat then if he won , I used to get the hump over results like you but in the end I thought what he point we rangers it how we roll we balls up most things even when it seems it impossible.
        I often see this mentioned, not just at Rangers but elsewhere. I could well be wrong, but I think this is just ridiculous. If I were the chairman and the manager decided we didn't have quite enough, I would expect him to have told me in our regular day to day discussions. And certainly, if I ever found out that he jeopardised our chances of winning a football match in order to make a point, his feet wouldn't touch the floor on the way out.

Comment

Not just les but he has also brought in hoos to deal with the day to day running of the club

Comment

It's taken them a while and cost them a fortune to get there but I'm pleased with the way they're running the club. The signings etc is the way this club was always ran in the past. TF tried it with the big names and fair play to him. Under Briatore we were signing the likes of Pellicori, Ledesma and Rossi. The current bunch look a lot more determined,have a career ahead of them, and will do the best they can for themselves and the club.

Comment

Not sure Polter and The JET are signings that show they are running the club properly. We paid a fee for Polter which seems crazy as his touch will be the same in 6 months as it is now. Heavy!

Comment

Before any progress we need to fix up our coaching and become a club where young players improve as players - in recent years you can only say that's really happened with Adel, Charlie and perhaps Yun.

If we're not somewhere that players can better themselves and get a move to a bigger club then we'll only attract players who are either limited or simply here for the wages and luxuries of London on offer.

Comment

It's the training found that needs improving. The academy is in the third tier I believe due to the lack of facilities, any decent young players will be elsewhere.

Personally think Polter will be good. His all round game is strong, just his shooting is off the mark and I remember it taking Charlie a little while to settle and start hitting the back of the onion bag. Give him a run of games before you start slating him.

Comment

Working...
                  X