No announcement yet.

At least Green is as consistent as ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I`m not for or against Green (I do think he`s about as dodgy as keepers get) but then can pull a worldy off.
    Anyhow my point is his kicking...Why the hell does he half voley the ball when he kicks out?
    Most of the time is just gives posession straight back to the oppo meaning we`re on the back foot all the time, needlessley.
    I won`t shed any tears if he leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

in the same way the cardiff idiots were shouting USA USA green will always be a keeper who is remembered for his mistakes rather than his successes
      That's because he makes so many mistakes and is error prone. His whole career is littered with him making basic mistakes which lead to goals from Norwich, west ham and us to England

He does pull off outstanding saves but then again he's a keeper that's the expectation we don't expect keeper to be scared to come of his line, can't kick etc good shot stopper but #### all round goalkeeper

Comment

There seemed to be a pretty wide consensus on here that Greeno was our second best player last season, behind Charlie.

Nobody is saying he doesn't make mistakes but he is nevertheless a good keeper. Personally, I've long since forgotten USA and will remember Greeno for an IMMENSE performance at WEMBLEY which he helped to make the best day out for this QPR fan in 40 years.
        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

oddschecker, betting susp on return to WHU.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
            There seemed to be a pretty wide consensus on here that Greeno was our second best player last season, behind Charlie.

Nobody is saying he doesn't make mistakes but he is nevertheless a good keeper. Personally, I've long since forgotten USA and will remember Greeno for an IMMENSE performance at WEMBLEY which he helped to make the best day out for this QPR fan in 40 years.

Some will forget but we won't. If he is off, I for one will remember him as the true hero of Wembley and the last line of defence against cricket scores.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Shot stopper

Comment

Originally posted by Lube Me View Post
                I have no idea where this love in of McCarthy comes from. He was very poor whenever he did get a game for us and has carried that on with Palace. Two games for them and has conceded 2 goals that any half decent championship keeper should make. As soon as speroni is fit again, he will be back on their bench.

I am not by any means saying rob green is the answer, just don't understand why everyone raves about McCarthy.

Green should have done better with the first one at charlton at his near post, but to be fair to the bloke that from Cardiff, he has absolutely smashed it in the top corner. dont think many keepers would have got to that.

Far more important areas to focus on than GK at this stage in my opinion.
                Welcome to the forum Lube Me, and good 1st post.

I probably shouldn't ask, but (instead of favourite cheese) can't help inquire as to the inspiration behind your moniker?

Comment

Working...
                X