Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 new players including barton

We need to sell Charlie and Matty.

As much as I want to keep them there hearts and heads are not with qpr. We need players who are focused. However talented they are Saturday showed when your not focused your just a liability and to me it was like having 9 men.

We need to sell them and generate cash. Go and get gray and Byrne. Another striker and top class championship cb and imo give barton a years deal. We need some leadership and grit in the team.

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

As much as I want to keep them there hearts and heads are not with qpr. We need players who are focused. However talented they are Saturday showed when your not focused your just a liability and to me it was like having 9 men.

We need to sell them and generate cash. Go and get gray and Byrne. Another striker and top class championship cb and imo give barton a years deal. We need some leadership and grit in the team.
    It was only a matter of time before somebody suggested bringing back Barton. Didnt think it would only take 1 game to do so though!

Not having a go. I just dont think he's the solution. Re-signing Barton would be a step backwards for what we are trying to acheive.

I agree that for all their talent and potential to tear apart this division this season, if Austin and Phillips arent up for the fight then it's better to cash in now and replace them with players that are.

Comment

Out of interest when did they tell you there heart was not at qpr or you basing this on a bad day at the office

Comment

Need strikers and defenders. Don't need Barton.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

Totally agree with Austin and Phillips not focused on us. Have had their heads turned and neither really got into the game IMO. I also reckon Fer will be the same.

As for Barton - someone like him is needed but not actually him.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbourne21 View Post
            Out of interest when did they tell you there heart was not at qpr or you basing this on a bad day at the office
            Saturday 3pm. Actions speak louder than words

Comment

Sell Phillips, sign byrne, that would be a step in the right direction

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                Saturday 3pm. Actions speak louder than words
                so you generally believe that they played like that on purpose to get moves

Comment

i wasnt saying they were purposely playing like that to get moves and nor has anyone else, just that it looked as if their hearts werent in it based on the lack of work rate from said players or their heads have been turned due to the lackluster display or a combo of both.

Do you feel they gave their all, looked fully focused and tried their utmost to win on saturday?

Comment

Sat with Charlton fans ( travelled up with them - converted their kids from Man Utd - to Championship side..because they can actually get up to see them play)..When Charlie walked out - he was last QPR to walk out - and the Charlton fans around me...not #####'s but decent human beings...muttered - he looks well p..s off. I looked observed and thought the same.

As the game went on - heard similar mutterings from the Charlton fans. First of all it was..." good grief, don't let Mr Austin have that sort of space what what " - to....couldn't hit a barn door from six inches. Same could have been applied to Matty Phillips.

Not an expert on body language - but both just appeared to slump around...odd flash here and there, especially when their defender clattered Charlie.

Put in a stupid position due to the transfer market lasting till 31st of this month.
                    They must be aware they are going to be sold - so they are aware that they must protect themselves....IMO...and just my opinion....Charlie not played most pre season...Poulter has...but he only got 7 mins at the end. Why bother with a striker you know is off ?
                    Last edited by Spencer; 10-08-2015, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Agreed Matty and Charlie need to leave as well as Green IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                        i wasnt saying they were purposely playing like that to get moves and nor has anyone else, just that it looked as if their hearts werent in it based on the lack of work rate from said players or their heads have been turned due to the lackluster display or a combo of both.

Do you feel they gave their all, looked fully focused and tried their utmost to win on saturday?
                        I'm my opinion I saw one unfit player and one player who just had a bad day nothing more nothing less , i also thought Karl Henry was shocking , now was his head right or no heart , in my opinion Ramsey mistake was playing two players who only played one pre season game between them but that my opinion

I hope and believe that two professional players would not go out there half hearted and let there team mates down and fans down , if I was desperate for a move I be oppersite playing my heart out showing potential clubs what a good player I am and I'm worth the money. Also if there heads wasn't on it up to Ramsey bit like de gea situation head not right dont play simples.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                          Agreed Matty and Charlie need to leave as well as Green IMO
                          Only when we have replacements
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Fed up of calamity Green... Great shot stopper but at the end of the day the geezer cant kick, catch or cover his near post.

Comment

I'm my opinion I saw one unfit player and one player who just had a bad day nothing more nothing less , i also thought Karl Henry was shocking , now was his head right or no heart , in my opinion Ramsey mistake was playing two players who only played one pre season game between them but that my opinion

I hope and believe that two professional players would not go out there half hearted and let there team mates down and fans down , if I was desperate for a move I be oppersite playing my heart out showing potential clubs what a good player I am and I'm worth the money. Also if there heads wasn't on it up to Ramsey bit like de gea situation head not right dont play simples.
                              Tbf Henry just signed a new contract and hasnt been linked to prem clubs all summer so not sure why his head wouldnt be in it. It happens all the time when players are linked to clubs they have their heads turned so not sure why these 2 will be any different. Hopefully they prove me wrong next match. I agree that Ramsey made a mistake in selecting them and in particular leaving Austin on so long.

Comment

Working...
                              X