gutted by transfers targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gutted by transfers targets

having got relegated because of lack of firepower we knew that bobby zamora could only get 4 goals a season
    so what do we do get 4 goals a season mackie
    we could go and sign 22 goal andy williams on a free transfer,so why dont we, everything so far is not looking too good
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

why cant

why cant we get andre gray from brentford hes only 4 million

More...

Comment

We are Ted be patient we have to wait for sterling and Austin money to come through deals already literally agreed to be fair! We are being wiser with money that's all. The players lined up are exciting and we will have a good pacey team for once including a decent defender lined up!

Comment

but

but i cant think of a worse striker than mackie we made a mistake in origionally signing him then we make the same mistake again
        what are we playing at

More...

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
          why cant we get andre gray from brentford hes only 4 million
          Patience old boy!

Personally I think we will get Andre Gray but probably only after we work out how much cash we're gonna get for Austin, the Sterling deal and possibly Sandro & Matty Phillips. The transfer market is like a game of chess. Everyone is scoping the market out working out who they can get for what money and we are no different.

Everything will fall into place by the start of the season, I'm sure of it.

............and who the fudge is Andy Williams by the way?

Comment

Mackie is decent all be it 5 goals but just look at the quality of the goals for reading last season he still has the pace and directness and will be horrible for opposing defenders don't be spoilt now!

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post
              Mackie is decent all be it 5 goals but just look at the quality of the goals for reading last season he still has the pace and directness and will be horrible for opposing defenders don't be spoilt now!
              Agree with that.

Takes a lot of unfair stick in my opinion. He's not world class by any stretch but he is very effective for the level of ability that he possesses and he always give 100%. Great signing on a free transfer in the Championship in my opinion and will score important goals next season, I'm sure of that!

Comment

tarbie

tarbie andy williams is 28 and scored 22 times last season he can be a squad player to get a look at him go on you tube he looks decent we can play him on wing and he will still score 12 goals and will cost nothing

More...

Comment

tarbie andy williams is 28 and scored 22 times last season he can be a squad player to get a look at him go on you tube he looks decent we can play him on wing and he will still score 12 goals and will cost nothing
                  Andy Williams who has just been released by Swindon? One good season in League 1 hardly makes him the hottest property in the country does it mate? I'd take Mackie over him any day of the week, proven at a much higher level!

Comment

To be honest last year we had on paper much better players technically but no heart or effort, now we are in the championship we are going to need plenty of players that can roll there selves up and put in a shift, yes we will need more attacking intent but we need to get the balance right, I would also have kept Barton because it's ok having good up and coming youngsters but as we know you also have to have experience in this league, but let's see what Ramsey and Sir Les get in before we all get to down hearted.

Comment

tarbie

tarbie no sooner than i launch this thread,than something else has just occured the latest off the press we are now
                      going for 28 year old jamie o hara a free transfer from blackpool

I DONT BELIEVE IT YET ANOTHER MIDFIELD PLAYER SO ONCE MORE WE START THE SEASON WITH ABOUT 20 MIDFIELD PLAYERS AND NO STRIKERS

THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS

More...

Comment

tarbie no sooner than i launch this thread,than something else has just occured the latest off the press we are now
                        going for 28 year old jamie o hara a free transfer from blackpool

I DONT BELIEVE IT YET ANOTHER MIDFIELD PLAYER SO ONCE MORE WE START THE SEASON WITH ABOUT 20 MIDFIELD PLAYERS AND NO STRIKERS

THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS
                        Yeah, O'Hara would be a sh*t move, I give you that one mate. Where did you read that?

Comment

It's differcult. We need the money from the others before we can splash out. Ducking and diving. Old school, slurp.

Still the lads we have brought in are right sorts. They will run around a lot.

Comment

Tbf the sterling deal shouldn't be dictating anything we do in the transfer market as it is out of our control and may not go through this summer. Plus if the money is spread over a few years then we won't see it all immediately

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                              Tbf the sterling deal shouldn't be dictating anything we do in the transfer market as it is out of our control and may not go through this summer. Plus if the money is spread over a few years then we won't see it all immediately
                              Of course it will effect our spending this summer. It's basic accounting, if we realise an additional 10m quid in profit due to Sterling being sold our P&L is healthier to the tune of 10m and we have a lot more leeway with FFP.

Comment

Working...
                              X