Gills hopeful of signing Ehmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gills hopeful of signing Ehmer

Gillingham boss Justin Edinburgh says he is hopeful of signing Max Ehmer on a permanent deal.

The 23-year-old German, who made 29 appearances for the Gills after signing on loan in November, has one year left on his QPR contract.

Read more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32995523

Good luck I think he has no future with us.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

The reason the club even took him on in the first place was because his dad Val was involved with the club. Gianni was 'convinced' to take him on when he was 14 odd.

Comment

Could be a decent squad player but fair play to him if he wants regular games because he more than likely wont get that with us.

Comment

The fact there is a league 1 club desperate to take him permanent and he played a lot of games for them shows he must have something about him but most will write him off as he never actually played for us. Would rather him as our backup CB than some of the players we have (as a financial package) and we would be foolish to let him go when we have just let a couple of CBs go and there may be a more to go over the summer

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
            The fact there is a league 1 club desperate to take him permanent and he played a lot of games for them shows he must have something about him but most will write him off as he never actually played for us. Would rather him as our backup CB than some of the players we have (as a financial package) and we would be foolish to let him go when we have just let a couple of CBs go and there may be a more to go over the summer
            Hove if we are going to sign another 8 players before the end of June you can safely say there will be one or two C/Bs among that 8

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
              Hove if we are going to sign another 8 players before the end of June you can safely say there will be one or two C/Bs among that 8
              Yes but how many are still to leave? There are rumours about caulker and Ned, that pretty much leaves no one. We are going to need more than 1 or 2 CBs over the course of a championship season and i would rather keep this guy on relatively low wages than go out and buy a CB to be our back up and use the money elsewhere.

Comment

Yes but how many are still to leave? There are rumours about caulker and Ned, that pretty much leaves no one. We are going to need more than 1 or 2 CBs over the course of a championship season and i would rather keep this guy on relatively low wages than go out and buy a CB to be our back up and use the money elsewhere.
                How many are going to leave the more the better if it's Caulker and Ned so much the better , but I certainly agree that we don't want to leave ourselves short in any department , if Ehmer is good enough you'd be bang on the money , but he's been banging on the door for quite a while now and never made the breakthrough above div 1 makes me wonder if the people that see more of him aren't convinced
                Last edited by dogsrrs; 04-06-2015, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Came on as a sub when Clint was injured once didnt he (2/3 years ago) ?

I would imagine though that we'll sign some CB's and he will be a squad player - then it is up to him if he wants regular games or to force into the team.

Comment

How many are going to leave the more the better if it's Caulker and Ned so much the better , but I certainly agree that we don't want to leave ourselves short in any department , if Ehmer is good enough you'd be bang on the money , but he's been banging on the door for quite a while now and never made the breakthrough above div 1 makes me wonder if the people that see more of him aren't convinced
                    I agree that we should only keep him if he is good enough but lets be honest we aren't exactly known for giving youngsters a go, so how will we ever know? He played 30 games in league 1 last year and they want him to sign permanent so there must be something about him. If he leaves i wont be too bothered but think he would be ok as backup CB

Comment

I agree that we should only keep him if he is good enough but lets be honest we aren't exactly known for giving youngsters a go, so how will we ever know? He played 30 games in league 1 last year and they want him to sign permanent so there must be something about him. If he leaves i wont be too bothered but think he would be ok as backup CB
                      Yeah but isn't Kilt nasty supposed to be near the mark or at least that's what was said when he signed

Comment

Yeah but isn't Kilt nasty supposed to be near the mark or at least that's what was said when he signed
                        Kpekwa? maybe but Ehmer has played alot more 1st team football and at a higher level.

Comment

Kpekwa? maybe but Ehmer has played alot more 1st team football and at a higher level.
                          No the Jock is his name Duncan ?
                          Got his name Col Donaldson
                          Last edited by dogsrrs; 04-06-2015, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Anyone else think so he doesn't slide down the football ladder he should stay at QPR & keep getting loan spells . He'll get loans because a he's a QPR player. Better then being a free agent
                            Under Les Ferdinand:
                            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

No the Jock is his name Duncan ?
                              Got his name Col Donaldson
                              yeah. You would have thought he would have been sent out on loan or something or at least featured on the bench last season. Its surprising with him because im sure I read he had played quite a few SPL games before we signed him 3 years ago and has hardly featured for us. But thats probably more of a reflection of our youth policy than his ability. He's only got a year left on his deal too. Hopefully Ramsey knows who he wants and acts accordingly

Comment

Working...
                              X