Potential transfer embargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential transfer embargo

Is the threat of an embargo, maybe the reason the club is making early signings? If so it is perhaps not such a bad thing.

The FL and FA would still need to give the go ahead for all these transfers so if a transfer embargo was on the way they wouldn't have allowed any signings at all

Comment

Is it possible to introduce a rule that insists upon the word 'potential' in front off any references to fines or embargoes in thread titles to avoid any unnecessary panic?

Comment

Sorry I didn't mean to panic anybody. Please change the thread title

Comment

A few posters on here have suggested that talks in order to avoid such a scenario might have taken place already?
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by RoryTheRanger View Post
            The FL and FA would still need to give the go ahead for all these transfers so if a transfer embargo was on the way they wouldn't have allowed any signings at all
            this.

in addition, i don't think the transfer can be fully completed until the transfer window opens on 1 july (which is when the player's registration formally moves to us), so if a transfer embargo is placed on us before 30 june, none of these deals will actually go through. it seems more likely that after 2 years of constantly hearing red chap tot out his "it's difficult, i only had 13 first team players a week before the season started" nonsense, the board have decided to move early.

(it's also important to remember that there are quite a lot of circumstances under which the club can still sign free agents even with a transfer embargo in place)

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              A few posters on here have suggested that talks in order to avoid such a scenario might have taken place already?
              I'm pretty sure that is the case Shania. Everyone involved with the club seems so relaxed about FFP that I can only assume that an agreement has already taken place behind the scenes between the club and the football league. I'm willing to bet that there will be no transfer embargo and a fine of less than 10m quid.

Comment

Yes, It seems like we have everything under controll this preseason, for a change. Here´s hoping.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

There is talks that we will get a fine and a embargo but the deal that is struck is that we have this window to do our business abut could possibly be barred from any transfer activity in January.

Would be a good move for both the fl and us as we get away with a pretty heavy fine and still get to rebuild,they still get to fine us and put a embargo on is which the done onto her teams this year and looks like we been punished.

Comment

In answer to the o/p no
                    Iv'e been plssed off with the way L F and C R have run the club for the last 3 months but I am prepared to give them credit that they are putting their plan into action and part of that will be to get their squad together ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by KuPR View Post
                      Is it possible to introduce a rule that insists upon the word 'potential' in front off any references to fines or embargoes in thread titles to avoid any unnecessary panic?

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                      Sorry I didn't mean to panic anybody. Please change the thread title
                      Done.

Comment

Don't believe it has anything to do with beating embargo IMO

a) because the club is in the process of a legal challenge
                        b) because the club would apply to the court to strike down any attempt to apply an embargo whilst under legal proceedings (and would probably win on that count)
                        c) because the football authorities would be weary of a substantial counter claim from the club for damages if the Court found in favour of the club on the FFP issue, due to unable to sign players lined up, lower position in league as a result, loss of revenue from matches, marketing and it goes on etc etc.
                        Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

I know its hard to believe, but it really is all down to the club finally getting the right people in behind the scenes and starting to be run efficiently and properly. Lets hope they get it right with players and we go straight back up eh.

Comment

Working...
                          X