Feel almost relieved by relegation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feel almost relieved by relegation

We have just been so badly equipped for the Premiership and had we stayed up I don't think next season would have been much better.

We have a few decent Premiership players but a lot of our team look quite creaky by Championship let alone Premiership standards. I know FPP is a cloud hanging over us but can't help feeling a year or two in the Championship will do us good. We have a large number of over 30s leaving which will clear the decks. Seems to be a few youngsters not a million miles now from the first team. They would see little action in the Premiership but may get runs in the Championship and they will only really improve if they have game time.

If the club sticks to it's guns on the type of players they sign we could end up with a decent up and coming squad with players who are motivated and want to be here. That would be such a culture change and long overdue.

I don't see it as a one year rebuilding job, more like two or three but I suspect it will be much more fun supporting the Rs after all the negativity.

Downside is, aside from not playing the big sides, we will lose a few we don't want to with Charlie being the most obvious but I believe the bigger picture has every chance of being more positive going forwards.

I appreciate a lot of people will not agree with me on here but I do think the club is in good hands. The owners have tried chucking money at club and it's not worked so now trying something else which is more the traditional QPR way and more suited to us. We have wealthy, committed owners. Just need to put these last few years behind us and see how the new plan works out.

It's certainly giving us an opportunity to rebuild. Some of the deadwood & high earners that were signed when we last went up (ie SWP) are now out of contract so we can get get shot & hopefully recruit much more suitable replacements earning a fraction of the money.

Our recruitment this summer is critical though, get it wrong again & we could be in a world of trouble.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Agree with a lot of whats been said , but still believe it could have avoided in January due to the obvious
      heart of the problem and that leaves me feeling very cautious of the people that will be in control of
      playing matters

Comment

Im sure many have said this in the past, but I have a real feeling that we will get it right this time. I don't know why, and i don't care if that means us spending a few seasons in the Championship, i just have that feeling.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2