Telegraph Online just said,,,, Ramsey !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shania View Post
    Ramsey with Gerry Francis as his number two?
    Gerry francis with ramsey as number 2

Comment

Ramsey would not be my choice but with the right number two and set up around him I could see it working problem is will rangers put in place right set up history would suggest no

Francis as number two is good shout as would be curbishly kind of a Gorman type figure who has managed and is respected but is not a manager anymore

Comment

Ramsey is coach no doubt , but imo never a manager his use of subs make him a poor tactision

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          Ramses exactly what we need. Ready to put the foundations in and build a team full of youth. Him and Les are in the process of changing the whole clubs philosophies which we all been crying out for.
          Ffs stop judging this bloke on a squad that ain't his and is so unbalanced and short of prem standard it's a joke. He's done good things like unite the dressing room where possible and brought Phillips in, played Fer in his right position and jogged hoilett on.

Will say it again so many of you were spouting to get rid off Matt Phillips he's rubbish ect because you were to impatient to give him a chance or just didn't comprehend he was played out of position or given 10-15 mins here and there. Seems to me it's happening with Ramsey who a lot of you think is responsible for us getting relegated which is a joke imo.
          Top post and totally agree

There was also people doubting Austin after 3 or 4 games as well .

People moan the club deal are short term but the fans are just as bad and always think we are 1 more signing away from greatness.This is a massive job for Les & Ramsey and could take years to get it sorted.
          We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
            Top post and totally agree

There was also people doubting Austin after 3 or 4 games as well .

People moan the club deal are short term but the fans are just as bad and always think we are 1 more signing away from greatness.This is a massive job for Les & Ramsey and could take years to get it sorted.
            Agree. Is going to take time to get things right after many years of pain and mismanagement. Throwing money at it hasn't worked so no quick fix. In business you sometimes have to play a long game. The difficulty is that football is much more personal so rarely are you given proper time so you end up with a whole series of knee jerk reactions to try and manage expectations but which can often have the opposite effect.

Am happy personally to give the new look club time to put proper foundations in place and that includes CR. Put the last few ghastly years behind us.

Comment

All well and good being in favour of taking the long term strategy , but what you have to be careful of is the owners ambitions how long will they wait 1.2.3.years or more knowing Tony gives his ear to every Tom Dick or Harry from month to month .
              It's ok posting your happy to be back in the Championship thinking that's the place to rebuild but there's always a chance we can develop a crop of young players while in the Championship and have them poached by premier league clubs , it's got to be bore in mind it is just as possible to rebuild in the premier league ie Swansea Southampton after losing so many players last season , yes I know Villa only just dodged the Bullit for the last few seasons but they have benefited from their last manager bringing in young lower league players and it also has to be bore in mind as a premier league club you can attract players from all leagues easier than as a Championship club

Comment

Even though we have gone down, I actually think we looked a better team since Ramsey took over, I am so undecided on should he get the job or not. But what managers do you think we can get?
                Maybe Big Sam if nobody in the PL wants him, but what good manager is going to come without giving them a huge contract and a huge transfer budget.

Comment

big

big sam would definately get us up and keep us up hes a very gifted manager
                  Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by brumqpr View Post
                    Even though we have gone down, I actually think we looked a better team since Ramsey took over, I am so undecided on should he get the job or not. But what managers do you think we can get?
                    Maybe Big Sam if nobody in the PL wants him, but what good manager is going to come without giving them a huge contract and a huge transfer budget.
                    We haven't looked much good for the last 4=5 matches in fact I'd say we looked worse

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                      We haven't looked much good for the last 4=5 matches in fact I'd say we looked worse
                      Agree, didn't think it was possible to get worse but we've cracked that one...
                      In fairness to Ramsey our defence is atrocious, full stop. Hard to achieve anything when nobody has confidence going forward because they know what's behind them can't cope.

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                        In fairness to Ramsey our defence is atrocious, full stop. Hard to achieve anything when nobody has confidence going forward because they know what's behind them can't cope.
                        That's a fact ! it's a problem that's been there since last August one every fan has been aware of yet nothing was done about it in January , that's why Ferdinand and Ramsey don't fill me with confidence

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                          Bar Palace & City Away we have competed in every single game under Ramsey which is more than can be said for Redknapp

Ramsey has made mistakes but would like to judge him properly when he has his own squad
                          We Are The People.....

Comment

I think HR thought he'd done something about the defence when he brought in Caulker and Rio. Caulker has been a huge disappointment (the one thing I feel a bit sorry for HR over because I think he was entitled to expect more) but did we really do due diligence on Rio or was it a lazy signing based on reputation? Defence was an area we should have tried to strengthen in January and it doesn't seem as if anyone in the club even seriously thought about doing that. We have had a Championship level defence all season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                              Posted this in another thread but this one is probably more suited.

Head says no, heart says yes. Not a good mix I agree but I get the impression he can get us back to where we should be as a club. Lower league players, youngsters coming through, old skool coaching, good management.

For me I'd be happy to have 2-3 rough years if it means we change our whole philosophy as a football club, start behaving & acting within our means. We are a small club, start acting responsibly. I think he'll benefit that as he won't be given funds. I believe then, and then only once we've broken this stupid cycle we're in regarding recruitment & spending we'll come back stronger & better prepared.

Just my tuppence worth. I'm in for the long haul results, not short & for me he fits that.
                              100% with you on that mate. Top post.
                              I have my doubts about Ramsey obviously and, as others have said, about Les as DOF. But hey isn't this what we all wanted after Hughes and Redknapp? No more old managers with old ideas? We have only seen what Ramsey can do with a squat of, lets be honest, sh!t players in one of the toughest leagues in the world. I say lets give him a chance to build his own squad, and more importantly GIVE HIM 2 OR 3 SEASONS TO DO IT. But more than likely if we aren't challenging for promotion the usuals will be out in force by Christmas calling for his head.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2