Clear All

• Never gonna happen, but...

Would be great if it did

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...clares-5694763

I'd rather keep for 1 season than lose him for peanuts

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
      I'd rather keep for 1 season than lose him for peanuts
      I'd rather we got a decent transfer fee than lose him for nothing at the end of his contract.

Comment

Well holding onto him for another year be enough to keep us up..

Comment

Originally posted by KuPR View Post
          I'd rather we got a decent transfer fee than lose him for nothing at the end of his contract.
          But if we clear out the deadwood, sign some players who will graft every week then Austins goals could be vital in survival/promotion again.

Comment

If the club receive a good offer for him he'll be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Azman View Post
              If the club receive a good offer for him he'll be gone.
              What would be a good offer though?
              With 1 year left on contract I can't see it being more than £10million, as clubs can hold out for 1 more season then get him for nothing.
              If we had to replace Austin with the £10million there isn't many out there that we could get for the same money, and will guarantee us goals.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                What would be a good offer though?
                With 1 year left on contract I can't see it being more than £10million, as clubs can hold out for 1 more season then get him for nothing.
                If we had to replace Austin with the £10million there isn't many out there that we could get for the same money, and will guarantee us goals.
                I'm not so sure Hoop. Now is a sure thing. Next season on a free is pie in the sky as there will be plenty of competition for his signature. For some clubs, Charlie's goals next season could make a big difference - perhaps get them into Europe or even save them from going down.
                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                  I'm not so sure Hoop. Now is a sure thing. Next season on a free is pie in the sky as there will be plenty of competition for his signature. For some clubs, Charlie's goals next season could make a big difference - perhaps get them into Europe or even save them from going down.
                  Charlie has said that he is prepared to stay and see out the last year of his contract.
                  It will depend now if the board are prepared to gamble or not.
                  Clubs won't pay huge money for him, as they can get him for nothing a season later.

Would he not be worth keeping?

Comment

as long as the club don't say ..we won't be selling our best striker..only to sell him cheaply on transfer deadline day ..and leave no time to sign a replacement....that could never happen at our club..oh ..wait.......

Comment

Why not offer him a new contract but state that if a good offer comes in then he can leave. Club and player can work together.

Comment

Working...
                      X