Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Rangers fans should read this article

A decade, not just four years, of papering over the cracks

My first blog in ages. Mercifully for you, I rarely have the time.

Down but probably not out

I’ve never been one for doomsday scenarios when it comes to QPR. By that I mean that over the course of the 16 years I’ve covered the club, I’ve encountered people at various stages who would have you believe the end is nigh. There have been difficult times during those years, but the extent of Rangers’ financial plight – or at least its impact on the playing side – was massively overstated bar a spell in 2006 when the Monaco-based investors stopped funding the club.

https://davidmcintyre.wordpress.com/...er-the-cracks/
    We Are The People.....

That was a fantastic read, cheers for posting.

I don't particularly like McIntyre to be honest, but that was a very good write up & it's hard to dispute any of what he says.

Can you imagine supporting a well run professional club whereby every week wasn't just like an episode of Eastenders?
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Don't like DM's Political nonsense but this seems pretty much spot on, and to be fair he has been saying this for years.

Comment

it's nice to see viewpoint backed up with real insight and understanding. Very good article.

Comment

The thing I don't like about McIntyre is his massive ego. He always thinks he's right. This is an interesting read and there is probably a lot of truth in it. I think we can all relate to the destruction of the club's 'culture' in recent years. And surely he's right that the money-men are largely in this for hoped-for financial gain rather than love of football. Although I'm pretty sure TF himself has fallen in love with our club. McIntyre's right, our youngsters aren't good enough, it will take time to build an Academy worthy of the name. But his judgement of players that would suit this club is not that great, for someone supposedly with his knowledge of the game. For example, he thought we should have gone for Hooper (!) not Austin. So he's worth listening to, but don't take all he says as gospel.

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
            The thing I don't like about McIntyre is his massive ego. He always thinks he's right. This is an interesting read and there is probably a lot of truth in it. I think we can all relate to the destruction of the club's 'culture' in recent years. And surely he's right that the money-men are largely in this for hoped-for financial gain rather than love of football. Although I'm pretty sure TF himself has fallen in love with our club. McIntyre's right, our youngsters aren't good enough, it will take time to build an Academy worthy of the name. But his judgement of players that would suit this club is not that great, for someone supposedly with his knowledge of the game. For example, he thought we should have gone for Hooper (!) not Austin. So he's worth listening to, but don't take all he says as gospel.
            I don't think his judgement of players is really relevant to the article to be honest

Some fans have been saying this sort of thing for years but have been shouted down so I just hope the TF fan boys read this and actually take stock that not everything is rosy and not everything can be solved by a manager change or one more player.

Not everything is down to TF as this has been doing on for years but he hasn't done anything to change it either but lets hope now we have a clear plan and that people will give Ferdinand and the new manager time to sort the club out as if not its going to get worse and worse.
            Last edited by Rangersw12; 13-05-2015, 04:58 PM.
            We Are The People.....

Comment

Yep, good point, RangersW12, its not really about his player judgement to be fair to him.
              Last edited by bushkangaroo; 13-05-2015, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Shows how much Paladini damaged this club of ours, good read, well done Dave Mc, a proper R and a good journalist
                From the Hills of Kerry
                To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Originally posted by The Merry Ploughboy View Post
                  Shows how much Paladini damaged this club of ours, good read, well done Dave Mc, a proper R and a good journalist
                  Very true but there wouldn't of been this website if Paladini hadn't of come around
                  We Are The People.....

Comment

I know, was laughing to myself that this used to be Paladinis mouthpiece !!!
                    Last edited by The Merry Ploughboy; 13-05-2015, 05:14 PM.
                    From the Hills of Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
                      No ego with that chap, just a love of Rangers pal
                      From the Hills of Kerry

Comment

Like others I have never had time for D Mc's opinions but on this one he's spot on a post everyone should read before blaming any one individual

Comment

Mcintyre reckons Ramsey will be appoined.

From his blog;

https://davidmcintyre.wordpress.com/...er-the-cracks/
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

I fuc*ing hope not
                            I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

i thought it was a terrible blog. Going over the same old ground, self indulgent references to old tweets that most of us have no clue what hes on about and basically telling us what we already know. He is a bit of a dinosaur from pre social media times. Even so i like him and his partisan opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X