Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post
    He did, remember? HR quit the very next morning
    He certainly did. And perhaps it has taken Fernandes about 2 years to realise that he's spending far too much and the club are breaking the FFP rules. I'm sure he's realising what's coming because there's no getting past it. He'll soon walk away like he did at Caterham, which isn't even a part of Forumla 1 anymore because of major finacial problems. Funny that

Comment

If you don't spend money on better players you get nowhere in football. You mentioned burnley before, how did not spending work out for them then? You mentioned palace, yeah doing well under pulis and now pardew, but they've been going up and down for years now. They were struggling in the championship with us after they got relegated the last time. They could be back down again next season for all we know. Is that really how you want us to be, cos that ain't for me. I'm glad TF is trying to get us places. Hasn't worked out so far but at least he is willing to give it a go. If money had been spent more wisely by people who's job it was to do so, then we wouldn't be where we are now

Comment

Originally posted by sirles9 View Post
        It doesn't give me any joy whatsoever. It's funny how the fans don't sing Tony Fernandes' name anymore. Everyone is losing their trust in him, realising he talks complete rubbish and are seeing that he's been gambling with our club since he arrived. I dislike him more than I do Mark Hughes and Harry Redknapp. I've got nothing against Chris Ramsey and I don't mind if he stays. I'd just like to see our club taken seriously and run responsibly and professionally. The debt that we're going to accumulate takes the biscuit
        Actually they still do. Every game in fact. Maybe you should go to more matches and you will find out.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post
          If you don't spend money on better players you get nowhere in football. You mentioned burnley before, how did not spending work out for them then? You mentioned palace, yeah doing well under pulis and now pardew, but they've been going up and down for years now. They were struggling in the championship with us after they got relegated the last time. They could be back down again next season for all we know. Is that really how you want us to be, cos that ain't for me. I'm glad TF is trying to get us places. Hasn't worked out so far but at least he is willing to give it a go. If money had been spent more wisely by people who's job it was to do so, then we wouldn't be where we are now
          But if you're going to spend then you have to spend what you can afford. FFP rules doesn't allow clubs to just spend, spend, spend and not make any money. Burnley's situation has turned out to be one step back and two steps forward because they're now stronger finacially. In our case it's just been a mini step forward and 3 steps back. Clubs trying to reach the Premier League won't want to do it 'the QPR way'. We're now an example to football clubs of how not to do it

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            Actually they still do. Every game in fact. Maybe you should go to more matches and you will find out.
            I have and I certainly haven't heard it recently. I bet you they're won't be anyone singing his name against Newcastle. I feel sorry for those who still trust him. Where's the progress? Just a load of debt and the club's image being tarnished. We've turned into a joke of a club and a bad example of how a club shoudn't be run.

Comment

Some of you guys really do post some twaddle on here - it's understandable that people are emotional after the embarrassing result we have had -however, a year ago after we all of us had such a fantastic time at Wembley the sage observers amongst us ( yes-there are some, and they don't fire off posts right left and centre because they think first) assessed that we would do well to finish one above the relegation places this season -and we were close to achieving it - some very unlucky moments. But luck evens itself out and it could be out of turn next year. I have never met Tony F and have no idea of the financial ins and outs -however, I do know that some posts on here are downright insulting and embarrassing AND that nobody got to be a multi millinaire without CONSIDERABLE business sense and acumen. Please stop the cheap nasty shots and think a bit longer before venting your spleen.

Comment

I think Tony has to take the heat for our huge losses. It's not his fault the money was wasted but it is his fault it was spent. He should have imposed a reasonable budget on his managers and forced them to stay within it. If he had done that, we would not have incurred such horrendous losses.

Onward and upward. If we keep losing £65m per year then we will know that lessons have not been learned. But if the finances come under control, we can assume the opposite.
                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                  I think Tony has to take the heat for our huge losses. It's not his fault the money was wasted but it is his fault it was spent. He should have imposed a reasonable budget on his managers and forced them to stay within it. If he had done that, we would not have incurred such horrendous losses.

Onward and upward. If we keep losing £65m per year then we will know that lessons have not been learned. But if the finances come under control, we can assume the opposite.
                  Got a guaranteed 190 million in parachute payments over the next three seasons. Things really arent that bad us being in the championship, we have got three seasons to get back up without even being in any trouble whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post

Finally someone who talks sense!

Comment

Originally posted by sirles9 View Post
                      Finally someone who talks sense!
                      Talks your sense, don't confuse sense with reality. TF is an owner of a football club and a businessman. He is not a manager, nor is he a director of football. His job at the club is simple, to supply the manager with the funds needed to improve the club. The manager and head of scouting are the ones who do the searching. Mike Rigg came into the club with an excellent reputation and didn't match it here. How do you blame TF for that?
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Got a guaranteed 190 million in parachute payments over the next three seasons. Things really arent that bad us being in the championship, we have got three seasons to get back up without even being in any trouble whatsoever.
                        Plus of course, this doesn't only affect us any longer.

Interesting piece from the Nottingham Post who are hoping things work out in our favour. Not only because they don't wish to have their ambitions dampened, but also suggesting that if this isn't resolved pretty quickly, then the FL are open to all manner of potential problems.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Paul-T...m9yF6AEtFlt.01

Comment

Working...
                        X