Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current players - going or staying - as I understand/see it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current players - going or staying - as I understand/see it.

Green - 1 year left of contract, probably be happy to go down to championship but if another PL club came in for him then he'd go and why shouldn't he?
    Isla - gone already as far as I'm concerned
    Onouha - probably stay AS A CENTRE BACK
    Dunne - Already said he'd stay. Useful in the championship
    Caulker - already gone as far I'm concerned. Go and relegate another team - go for the hat-trick Steven.
    Hill - player/coach 100%
    Yun - quality defender. Jurys out on this one. Not sure where his loyalties lie / aspirations are
    Phillips - another PL club bound, put himself firmly in the shop window
    Barton - cannot afford him anymore. Past his best anyway.
    Sandro - big disappointment. Overrrated. Gone
    Henry - plays the piano, good for away trips
    SWP - do one PLEASE
    Hoilett - whats the point?
    Vargas - what a waste
    Austin - on his way to a top PL club or Bournemouth
    Zamora - thanks for the memories Bobby.
    Fer - him and Austin only real PL quality we have. Probably talking to his agent as I type this.

Chris Ramsey - looking at property in West Midlands.
    First game ; QPR 1 Bolton Wanderers 3, Saturday 2nd December 1978.
    Parkes,Clement,Gillard,Hollins,Howe,Shanks,Eastoe, Francis,Harkouk,Busby,McGee

For me Austin aside at a push fer we don't have any players top table sides would want

Comment

No point in keeping Dunne. He's getting older.
      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        For me Austin aside at a push fer we don't have any players top table sides would want
        Phillips could easily hold his own at some clubs, Leicester, Villa, WBA, Sunderland, Hull, Palace all his level.

Comment

Henry is a piano mover.
          Do we have a (fit and/or reliable) pianist? No.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
            Phillips could easily hold his own at some clubs, Leicester, Villa, WBA, Sunderland, Hull, Palace all his level.

Agree but just cause we think that not sure they will see him as an option

Comment

Go all out to keep Philips, Fer, Caulker, Onuoha, McCarthy and possibly Sandro and Yun..... Get rid of the rest for whatever we can get and bring in half a team of younger players/ lower league prospects and try and build a side for the next 3/4 years.

Doubt it will happen mind..

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                Go all out to keep Philips, Fer, Caulker, Onuoha, McCarthy and possibly Sandro and Yun..... Get rid of the rest for whatever we can get and bring in half a team of younger players/ lower league prospects and try and build a side for the next 3/4 years.

Agree!
                Kept the faith!

Comment

I think the board will be very keen to hold onto all the players that might attract premier lge interest in the hope we can bounce back. It will be about players trying to force through moves. Austin wont stay no matter what but I could see all the others still being here next year.

Comment

If we replace Austin with someone like Rhodes then fair enough
                    Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post

I agree completely. I don't think we need to move on so many. We can't get rid of the hold squad. We need a nucleus and we have a decent one from a championship perspective. If we dig deep and add players to compliment the likes of Phillips, yun, caulker, Sandro, fer and McCarthy we can do very well.

I personally think green will go with Charlie and either 1 of Sandro or fer. Personally would prefer Sandro to be sold as he's injured a lot. If we have any ambition and we should keep fer and Phillips for 1 year unless we get offered silly money. I don't want to see them going for the prices we brought them for or 2 or 3 mill more.

We have a couple of decent youngsters and if we retain dunne and Henry for a bit of experience and squad players then the rebuilding job isn't as drastic as it could be.

Comment

I hope our DOF is doing his business on the quiet not the way we have done it publicly in the past ,
                        as we have been looking at quite a few trialists lately he might have his plans on going if that is the case I for one would not be sorry to see all the big earners gone
                        And oh by the way if he does plan a clear out big or small I hope gets his done before July
                        Last edited by dogsrrs; 03-05-2015, 04:41 PM.

Comment

IMO we need:
                          GK x 1 to be a back up for McCarthy. Now is the time to say thanks but goodbye to green

LB/RB - we have young and Robinson for left back and Harriman and furlong for RB. Maybe a slightly more experienced RB as first choice?

CB x 2 - keep Onouha, dunne and hill (my only gripe with Onouha is his reported £40k a week salary), but should have two younger centre halves for a long term future. Caulker will go and I think Rio will retire, especially after his tragic loss.

LW x 1/2
                          RW X1 if we lose Phillips

CM x 1 defensive as cover for Henry
                          X2 attacking with Faurlin making up the 5th. Barton and Sandro will leave

ST x 3 effectively starting from scratch

Comment

Originally posted by surreyranger View Post
                            Green - 1 year left of contract, probably be happy to go down to championship but if another PL club came in for him then he'd go and why shouldn't he?
                            Isla - gone already as far as I'm concerned
                            Onouha - probably stay AS A CENTRE BACK
                            Dunne - Already said he'd stay. Useful in the championship
                            Caulker - already gone as far I'm concerned. Go and relegate another team - go for the hat-trick Steven.
                            Hill - player/coach 100%
                            Yun - quality defender. Jurys out on this one. Not sure where his loyalties lie / aspirations are
                            Phillips - another PL club bound, put himself firmly in the shop window
                            Barton - cannot afford him anymore. Past his best anyway.
                            Sandro - big disappointment. Overrrated. Gone
                            Henry - plays the piano, good for away trips
                            SWP - do one PLEASE
                            Hoilett - whats the point?
                            Vargas - what a waste
                            Austin - on his way to a top PL club or Bournemouth
                            Zamora - thanks for the memories Bobby.
                            Fer - him and Austin only real PL quality we have. Probably talking to his agent as I type this.

Chris Ramsey - looking at property in West Midlands.
                            I agree with all those. I think Green is a good piece of insurance incase McCarthy isn't what he is piped up to be. I think Yun could split with Jack Robinson. I think keeping our 2 CB's and adding in Donaldson and Ehmer and one more experienced CB would do the trick. Furlong needs to split with an experienced RB. I think Cox and Manning can split one striker spot, and bring in a proven striker for the other. My biggest wish is that Petrasso starts at RM (He can do both) and let Doughty have a chance at LM. I don't think we are as F***ed as people think. We just need to incorporate our younger players, who are no longer young (Bruno, Doughty, Frankie are all 20 something) and bring in a couple pieces.

I Think Matty is gone. I hope Traore is gone as well, but its hard telling because that's Tonys "project"

Comment

IMO. Problem is that too many of our so called established players might lack pace even in the Championship. Hence, I sincerly hope we will add quick(pacey) players to the squad.

Don´t know how you can label a player like Vargas a waste of Space? But each to their own, I suppose
                              Last edited by Shania; 03-05-2015, 06:32 PM.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X