Our youths.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our youths.

With relegation nearly concluded, many are suggesting (including me) that we shall give our youngsters more chance to play in the first team. We do have a lot of names of youngsters coming through our youth team, however, considering they play in a league where there's no Utd, City, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and the rest of the elite and still struggle a bit (they are no run away winners) will they be enough to built a good foundation? I remember in the past when our academy was producing some brilliant talent, our youth team used to win both its league and the cup! Hope I am wrong in my judgement as I do not know much about our youngsters ability. But do we have what it take to built a decent squad?

Our youths are not up to much there not the answer and won't be for the next 5years until the whole set up is overhauled

Comment

Harriman has a full year under his belt at Luton. Would hope he will be ready for some 1st team action next year at Championship level. Cant see too many of our youth being good enough though.

Comment

People talk about youth as thought they are our holy grail and as long as they are under 21 then they will automatically be better than the first team. Being young doesn't mean they are any good!

Comment

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
          People talk about youth as thought they are our holy grail and as long as they are under 21 then they will automatically be better than the first team. Being young doesn't mean they are any good!

will get relegated again if we go down this route

Comment

if they were any good they would of been knocking on the door a while ago, harriman doughty sutherland, these guys have been our top 'youth' players for the past 3 years!! they arent youth players anymore, theyre not good enough!
            i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

Whatever happened to young Petrasso? Did well on loan at notts county and has suddenly disappeared?
              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Working...
              X