Everything about yesterday was strange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything about yesterday was strange

The walk up to the ground you would have struggled to know their was a match on as there was an eerie silence the fans sensed how big the game was and the nerves were evident

Then you get the team selection announced where its a must win but we play it safe. The games starts and there is no urgency or tempo (the game reminded me of when we last dropped at reading and both sides needed a win to stay up but both sides played for a draw) it was like we were content to take a point

The crowd during the game were totally flat as where the team. The substitutions during the game were right but the formation should have changed so we could have had a right old go last 15-20mins but we just continued to plod away.

The Ref as he has been all his career was a very s hitty dirty a rsehole who was easily bullied by Nolan for 90mins and at one point I was wondering if Nolan actually had the whistle. Charlie throws ball into ground and gets booked for dissent but Nolan shouts in his face for 90mins (dissent) and he does SFA

West Ham as strange as everything else that went on yesterday what a peculiar side totally disinterested and we still could not role them over. If I was a hammers fan I would be praying their form does not role over into next season, as often happens, as they will drop possibly the poorest side to visit other then Palace

I didn't think the crowd was nervous, West. Pretty resigned, I thought. Hence the atmostphere was nothing like Arsenal, Spurs, Swansea or Stoke when we stayed up three years ago.

Comment

Our fans were really quiet yesterday.understable as the team was a disgrace, I don't know what was in Ramsey's mind all negative tactics IMO I hope the team we put out next season ain't full off these losers
      You Rsssssss

Comment

Sh it day and same old sh it dolled out by them to ssers. Our lives were on the line and you cant score from the penalty spot. Think what it means and give that ball everything your body has got and put it through the net and out the ground, so pe ed off with them all, was a terrible show against a load of rubbish imo. They cant be nor can i, wont be bothering going to newcastle i dont think. Will go away somewhere nice instead.

Comment

We never use to play so negative in the past, but the last 3 season we have been woeful. We need to get all the money grabbers out off the club, if you watched the panel on sky yesterday morning you would off seen the shock on there faces that our wage bill is the 8th highest in the prem, and what have we got to show for that a load off gutless personnel
          You Rsssssss

Comment

We put our heart and soul in team and they do not turn up. Very disappointing for such a big game. It was like a game that either team did not want to win. The Irons were relying on a fast break which has hurt us all season.

Comment

Chelsea only had one shot on target. Isn't our defence getting better

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                Chelsea only had one shot on target. Isn't our defence getting better
                Goals are the problem. Heavily reliant on charlie. It's been said by redknapp and ramsay that some of the other players needed to start chipping in with some goals but we never have the right players on the pitch to do so, and constantly lumping it forward doesn't help either.
                "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Think the penalty miss deflated the crowd massively. A sense of inevitability seemed to take over after

Comment

That's true. But should we have risen above that and made noise. Fee was going mad about the silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                      Think the penalty miss deflated the crowd massively. A sense of inevitability seemed to take over after
                      Yep, that's how it sounded on tv, was a huge turning point and the fans at Loftus Road knew it!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                        We never use to play so negative in the past, but the last 3 season we have been woeful. We need to get all the money grabbers out off the club, if you watched the panel on sky yesterday morning you would off seen the shock on there faces that our wage bill is the 8th highest in the prem, and what have we got to show for that a load off gutless personnel
                        I agree to a point but also remember that the figures do not include this years wage budget. I know that it actually makes it worse but the 8th in prem stat is based on last years salary. I would expect this years to be lower.

In my mind I can only really think of 2 who aren't pulling their weight, Adel and Hoilett and then SWP who is just useless. The rest at least have some fight in them which is a huge difference to 2 years ago.

For me what's killed us is all the points lost in the last 10 minutes. It's something like 10 which is appalling. I put it down to lack of fitness and thus concentration and the tactical nous of how to see out a game. But ALL of this should have been sorted out pre-season.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                          That's true. But should we have risen above that and made noise. Fee was going mad about the silence.
                          Sadly, making a racket doesn't will the ball into the net. Every single one of those 11 players in Rangers shirts knew what they had to do...win. They couldn't do it. Singing Captain Jack wouldn't have helped.

Comment

and to be honest when we were awarded a penalty I had a strong feeling we would not score because:
                            1. Austin missed a penalty at LR against Hull
                            2. Adrian save a penalty earlier from Nugent.
                            3. Our record vs. West Ham is poor.
                            Last edited by Yousef; 27-04-2015, 09:11 AM.
                            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Working...
                            X